Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2015 13:00

Compliance status with optional updates uinstalled

Hi,

I wonder if it is OK that the systems still show up as non-compliant if they have only few optional updates uninstalled. Is it possible to have the compliance status green without installing optional updates since not all of them will be applied in our environment?

Thank you

1K Posts

January 15th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

Thanks for the post. OME does not support customizing the system update portal with applicable updates till now. Whether the updates are optional or recommended, they both are considered as a part of compliance logic. Currently, the servers will show as non-compliant even if the updates are optional.

1 Message

May 31st, 2017 12:00

Sorry for the much later response. But has this changed in the latest version of Dell Open Manage Essentials. I'd like to be able to exclude optional updates as part of Compliance. Security/Critical/important updates should be considered Compliance related updates while optional should be something that doesn't affect the status of the server. Could we create our own custom compliance policy that could ignore the optional updates and still consider said machine in compliance as long as the critical updates are applied. Thanks!!!

35 Posts

August 1st, 2017 06:00

I agree. 

August 1st, 2017 07:00

Hi,

The latest version of OME 2.3 also considers all the Updates part of the catalog for compliance.

Essentially, what you desire is to have a custom Catalog (subset) of what is present in the Dell Online catalog (excluding non-critical updates) and the Dell Repository Manager is the tool designed for that. Using Dell Repository Manager, you can define the custom catalog and OME integrates with DRM catalog. In OME, you can import the custom DRM catalog to get the desired compliance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay.

35 Posts

August 1st, 2017 11:00

That sounds good. I created a new repository, struggling with figuring out how to exclude optional updates...

35 Posts

August 1st, 2017 13:00

created a new repository. There are two tabs, bundles and components. For bundles tab I selected windows DUP format and saved the filter. For the components tab I unchecked optional and saved the filter.

Then I clicked on create deployment tools and saved the catalog.xml to a local drive. Configured OME to use the custom catalog.

I did a refresh inventory on a couple servers, under non-compliant systems the server still shows optional updates...what am I doing wrong?

August 3rd, 2017 00:00

Hi ERICLDCE,

Thanks for the update.

The "DRM Manual Repository Creation" video in youtube should help you identify the gap (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGZEickX2EE. I think you should delete the components (non-critical ones) from the repository as the filter is only for viewing will not apply any changes to the repository.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay.

No Events found!