Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

March 7th, 2014 06:00

Console does not open after upgrade to OME 1.3

After OME upgrade to 1.3 web console does not open, it just displays OPENMANAGE ESSENTIALS logo. I waited for 30 mins. I see connections in database, also in dbo.Version table I see record with new 1.3 version. Tried reinstall completely - the same. Previous version was 1.2.1, OS is WS 2008 R2. Egils

41 Posts

March 7th, 2014 08:00

I rebooted the computer twice, didnt help. Also tried to install OME 1.3 on a WS 2012 R2 computer, using the same database from version 1.2.1, and console still does not open. Interesting is that it does not give me message that database from a previous version is detected.

Egils

March 7th, 2014 08:00

Thanks for your post.

Can you please try an iisreset on the OME system and see if this fixes your issue ?

Regards,

Ashish

2.8K Posts

March 7th, 2014 09:00

Hmmm, ok, interesting....I think you can double click on the splash screen to get some log info.  But best to open a ticket (800-945-3355 ) so the support guys can review the upgrade/install logs and see what's up.

Thx

Rob

41 Posts

March 7th, 2014 09:00

SQL trace shows that OME is continuously executing SQL statements in database while the console is opening. I will wait for some time more, certainly it should not take so long to upgrade such small OME database, especially that SQL server is not under load.

Screenshot from OME console attached.

Egils

41 Posts

March 7th, 2014 11:00

Sorry, previous screenshort was too large for attachment. Attached again.

Now after 1.5 hours it's still executed SQL statements in database and console is still loading.

I dont have time to work now with support since it's Friday evening here in Europe. Will check on Monday.

Thanks,

Egils

2.8K Posts

March 7th, 2014 11:00

Ok....screen shot did not load....best to open a ticket and the support team will review the logs.

Thx

Rob

March 9th, 2014 23:00

Hi, Thanks for providing the screenshot.

From your previous comment, I understand that you tried to bring up OME 1.3 with a OME 1.2.1 DB, is that correct ? This may not work as the DB schema is different.

And for the upgrade issue you have seen, can we get a little bit more information regarding the environment as mentioned below:

1. Was the DB remote or local ?

2. If remote what was the OS for the DB ?

3. Was the OME and remote DB in same domain ?

4. Did you use SQL authentication or windows authentication ?

Thanks,

Ashish

March 10th, 2014 00:00

Also, on the system where you saw the upgrade issue (Console not launching after upgrade), can you please try the following:

1. Stop all 4 OME services.

2. Stop the SQL DB service.

3. Start the SQL DB service.

4. Start all 4 OME services.

5. Launch the console.

41 Posts

March 10th, 2014 09:00

Hi,

No, I tried to do upgrade, not just connect OME 1.3 to 1.2.1 version of database.

DB is remote,

DB server OS is WS2008R2, SQL Server is version 2012

DB server and OME are in different AD forests, two-way trust exists

Windows authentication, the user is sysadmin in SQL instance

Egils

12 Posts

March 11th, 2014 08:00

I'm having the same issue. After upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 - I launch the OME console and it hangs at the logo. I tried locally and remotely with the same result. I tried restarting the services, then restarted the server multiple times but it didn't resolve my issue.

The DB and OME are installed on the same server. The OS is WS2008R2, and the DB is SQL Express 2008R2.

Is there a fix?

March 11th, 2014 09:00

Hi Eglis,

Thanks for the detail.

Few more questions on your environment:

1. After the upgrade, can you confirm if "Subscriptions" table is present in the Database.

2. Have you got a chance to bring up the 1.2 DB locally and see if that gives any different results for upgrade. Just to see if cross forest is making any difference.

Thanks,

Ashish

March 11th, 2014 09:00

Hi,

Can you please confirm the following:

1. After the upgrade, does the OME Database contains "Subscriptions" table ?

2. Did you have any duplicate discovery ranges in OME 1.2 ? E.g. Two ranges for same hostname or IP address.

Also, can you try to restart the services in the sequence I mentioned above and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Ashish

12 Posts

March 11th, 2014 10:00

Hi Ashish,

Yes, I confirmed there is a table called "dbo.Subscription" in the db. I'm not sure if there were duplicate ranges, but let's assume there were. 

I restarted the services in the same sequence, and it didn't make a difference.

I'm attaching a file with the Silverlight log (double clicking on the splash screen.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/4494/OME-Splashscreen-after-1.3-upgrade.xml:550:0]

41 Posts

March 12th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

I cannot confirm about dbo.Subscriptions table, I have already rolled back to OME 1.2.

Before that I tried to use a local DB instance, that made no difference.

I checked duplicate discovery ranges, and I dont have any. Checked like this:

select address, count(*) as cnt from dbo.DiscoveryConfiguration dc
group by address
having count(*) > 1

Egils

March 12th, 2014 07:00

Hi, Thanks to both of you for providing really detailed information.

Can you please attach the install logs to this thread. The logs can be found in "C:\Windows\Temp" and the log file name is "InstallUtil". That would be of great help to dig into the cause. Appreciate it.

Also, I would request you to raise a case through support at 800-945-3355.

Thanks,

Ashish

No Events found!