Highlighted
S-Andy
1 Copper

Correct time in OME

Hi,

I've installed and configured OME on Win2008 on box server .  OME forwards traps to my DMC instance on virtual machine.  

To my  surprise there is 1h deference in time of trap reception between OME and DMC.

E.g.: I sent controll trap from MIBBrowser at 13:30 to OME. OME registered trap at 14:30 and DMC correctly at 13:30

Both servers have the same ntp server.

What could happen?

Did anyone experinced that or i am a Jonah?

I'll be gratefull for help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Wapinoux
2 Bronze

Re: Correct time in OME

Hello,

Same things 🙂

Just generate an alert, 1h of difference 16:35 instead of 15:35

0 Kudos

Quick question. By any chance is the server sending the trap located in a different time zone?

0 Kudos
Wapinoux
2 Bronze

Quick answer 🙂

The servers are all configure with the same ntp server, and for sure they are in correct time zone (include OME)

For us: (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris

0 Kudos

Daylight savings time is in effect since this weekend. Not sure if that caused this. Are you seeing the time difference for all traps from all servers or only specific ones?

0 Kudos
Wapinoux
2 Bronze

Daylight  time is the 25 mars...

I didn't try to generate many traps so i can't confirm this for the moment

0 Kudos
S-Andy
1 Copper

I'm using national version of win2008 - maybe that makes a problem. I'll tell you tomorrow about result after changing win version to english

0 Kudos

Thanks. Keep us posted.

0 Kudos
S-Andy
1 Copper

Unfortunately, on english version of windows2008R2 - nothing has changed. Traps are registered with wrong time.  As I mentioned previously, for testing purpose, OME  forwards traps  to my DMC and in DMC traps are registered correctly.

0 Kudos
DELL-PVdB
1 Copper

We have raised this as an issue with the developers and this is being looked into.

0 Kudos