Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2013 10:00

Database pruning

I have noticed the database for OME continue to grow at a fairly steady rate. Further investigation revealed that the DatabaseLog table is the bulk of the databases overall size. While at the moment the size is not really an issue, I am concerned that it continues to grow.

The only settings I see to prune any data is the settings for the Alert log. We only maintain logs back 2 weeks, so it would be nice to be able to prune the unnecessay log data. Am I missing something or should I expect it to continue to grow?

Thanks

2.8K Posts

April 24th, 2013 10:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

I think this was an issue in OME 1.0/1.0.1, but resolved in OME 1.1.

What version are you running?  If 1.1, then I should get you to open a ticket (800-945-3355) so the support team can take a closer look at the database and see what's up.

Regards,

Rob

3 Posts

April 24th, 2013 11:00

Thanks for the response.

We are running OME 1.0. Is it documented anywhere that this is addressed in 1.1? I searched before posting, and I was unable to find anything suggesting it had been addressed.

Thanks again,

Richard

2.8K Posts

April 25th, 2013 07:00

Richard,

I've not looked at the 1.1 readme for this, but it's possible that it was not a bug that was documented.

Let us know if upgrading resolves the issue for you.  Otherwise, we can take a look at the db.

(Don't forget the 1.1.1 patch)

en.community.dell.com/.../19483700.aspx

Thanks,

Rob

3 Posts

April 25th, 2013 07:00

Rib,

Will do. Thanks for the info.

Richard

No Events found!