Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2012 13:00

Dell OME Catalog to linux.dell.com latest repository

Hi,

I am currently working on setting up Dell OME for managing numerous linux servers and I wanted to have the catalog source point to the latest repository on linux.dell.com so it would be on par with my linux systems that are configured to it. Can this be done. I do not see any information on catalog.xml files or an ftp location for it.

Thanks

Steven

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

July 19th, 2012 13:00

Hi Steven,

Are you talking about using YUM repositories? OME currently does not support updates using YUM repository. It uses Linux DUPs for updating the Linux servers. With OME you can either use Dell FTP catalog or use repository manager to create your own repository.

Regards

Abhijit

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

July 19th, 2012 14:00

Hi Steven,

Your observation is correct. Sometimes the repositories are not updated as often as the Dell FTP website. I'll definitely send the feedback to the team maintaining yum repositories.

Regards

Abhijit

24 Posts

Thank you for your help Abhijit, is there a way to be notified when any of these changes are made?

Thanks

24 Posts

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks for the quick reply, just for clarity, would the feedback result in having the yum repo's more frequently updated or having support for the yum repos in Dell OME catalog.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Hi Steven,

The feedback is for updating the yum repo more frequently.

Regarding OME supporting yum repo, I'll send the request to our marketing so that it can be considered for future releases.

Regards

Abhijit

24 Posts

Hi Abhijit,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I was wondering about the YUM repo's and was hoping that the yum repos would have a corresponding ftp catalog so the versions of firmware are in sync, I believe the yum repo is not always the latest version of firmware. Although I could be wrong.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

July 20th, 2012 07:00

Hi Steven,

The yum repo v7.0 was posted last week and they are targetting first/second week of August to update it to the latest v7.1. The release notes also contains the list of issues which will be addressed with 7.1

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!