Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

3 Posts

May 17th, 2018 03:00

Dell R730 iDRAC virtual console session never timeout

It seems the virtual console session never timeout. From dell guide doc, i found following infor:

iDRAC.VirtualConsole.Timeout (Read or Write)
Description Defines the idle timeout in seconds for the virtual console.
Legal Values Integral values: 60–10800
Default Value 1800

Then i use wsman api to set the timeout to 60 (i think it was for seconds),  and then i open a virtual console session. It was turned out after the session was being lauched for serveral minutes, the virtual console session is still alive.

Can anyone answer my question?  Thanks in advance!

22 Posts

May 17th, 2018 04:00

Can you post the link to the iDRAC guide you have found this setting in? While I can query the value in 2.52.52.52 the most recent manual I can find is 2.40.40.40 and it doesn't have an entry for iDRAC.VirtualConsole.Timeout

I wonder if it just means the screen will blank/lock after that period rather than the virtual console session being ended?

3 Posts

May 17th, 2018 08:00

The guide i refer to is idrac7-8-lifecycle-controller-v2.30.30.30_Reference Guide_en-us.pdf, which was download from somewhere of dell website. And i can't remember it where is it now.  So you mean the config option has been deprecated now? The Firmware of my iDrac is 2.43.43.43 and the api for get/set : InstanceID=iDRAC.Embedded.1#VirtualConsole.1#Timeout    are both fine works fine, only with that the session didn't idle at all.

What i want to do is to make the virtual console session idle automatically,  Just like the login of idrac web site, when the login is timeout, we need to relogin in. How can i achieve this?

No Events found!