Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2016 02:00

Deploy OS server with dell open Essantials

Is it possible to deploy an operating system(2012 R2) with features (example DHCP)  with Dell Open Essentials?

Thank for help.

Farrell,

Yes that is possible but requires a license on the iDRAC of the server you're trying to deploy.

See this video:

After the installation you could install features with DISM as a remote task from OME

License Info:

Licensing OpenManage Essentials “Server Configuration Management”:  OpenManage Essentials (OME) is available as a free software download.  The download of OpenManage Essentials software also includes the opportunity to download and activate Dell SupportAssist services.  In addition, Dell offers fee-based “Server Configuration Management” licenses that enable template–based deployment and configuration of bare-metal PowerEdge servers, detection of server configuration drift, virtual IO management. and state-less computing, among several additional management capabilities.  “Server Configuration Management” licenses are available at both POS (Point-Of-Sale) with a server purchase and APOS (After-Point-Of-Sale) for 12G & 13G PowerEdge servers.  License SKUS for OpenManage Essentials “Server Configuration Management” are as follows:   

• POS:     634-BBWU  
  • APOS:   634-BBWT

For additional information, please contact a Dell Sales Representative. 

3 Posts

ok thanks you very much i try it

29 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 04:00

• POS:     634-BBWU  
  • APOS:   634-BBWT

We have to buy one license for one DELL server or this license applies to OME server and we need just one license?

And do I need one of these licenses if I have "OpenManage Essentials Advanced Features" activated on my server?

thank you.

No Events found!