Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2015 08:00

Device configuration compliance report is blank

Hello. OME 2.0.1, Windows 2012 R2

In Manage -> System Update -> Non-Compilent Systems I see list of servers which needs updates.

But when I go to Reports -> Device configuration compliance report is blank. No any device there.

1K Posts

April 13th, 2015 08:00

Hi Sancha,

The device Configuration Compliance report is not system update compliance, it is a report related to Server Configuration feature which you can find under Manage >> Configuration or Deployment tab. It is a licensed portion of OME.

13 Posts

April 13th, 2015 09:00

OK. Thank I have 2 questions

1. What is cost for license?

2. How I can generate list of systems which need updates?

2.8K Posts

April 13th, 2015 10:00

Hi there.

1. The price may vary somewhat.  I just went to Dell.com and went selected a Power Edge R630 for purchase.  If you search down the configuration page for OpenManage Essentials, Server Configuration Management, you can see the price.  It can be purchased as part of an iDRAC license.  Generally around $100 per node, perhaps a bit less.

2. For firmware updates, you can go to Manage | System Updates and see the BIOS/FW/Driver compliance report there.  If you are looking for Server Configuration compliance, that is part of the licensed feature we referred to.  Be sure to check delltechcenter.com/ome for the following whitepaper and videos:

Deployment and Managing Configurations with Dell OpenManage Essentials (NEW)

OME 2.0 Server Configuration Tutorial Videos

Thanks much,

Rob

13 Posts

April 13th, 2015 14:00

For 1st question I found answer here:

http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/Topic/dell-ome-v2.0.1/OME201UG-v1/en-us/GUID-2B6DD3FA-BAF0-400D-947F-00034BFE5E16

Still do not know how to get report:

Manage | System Updates and see the BIOS/FW/Driver compliance report there

Where? No report or any way to export data to XML or PDF/Word/Excel.

Please show me in screenshot.

13 Posts

1. OK, if we have around 50 Dell servers we need to buy 50 licenses?
 Or “Node” means one installation? I really do not know that this product is not free. If we bought already few servers with iDRAC7 Enterprise, we will have licenses for OME or no?

2. It's not report, I need to choose each server and no way to export this data.
Can you send me contact info where I can call (USA, Texas) to get support for this App.

2.8K Posts

Ok, so for node, I mean iDRAC.  The license for the OME server configuration upsell is similar to an iDRAC license.  So one OME license for each iDRAC if you want to use the server config feature.  Otherwise, the rest of OME features are free :)

For the firmware, etc report.  I go to Manage | System updates, then click on non compliant tab.  

Then I hit the checkbox to the left of "System Name" at the top grid.

Then you will see the select updates to apply.  That will show you the old and the new.  When you right click on that grid/report, you can export.  There are one or two system update whitepapers on delltechcenter.com/ome also.

Thanks!

Rob

13 Posts

April 14th, 2015 06:00

Thank you, Rob

I found solution. Sorry, just started deploy of this App.

Found issue or bug: if we have Hyper-V cluster - it will show us so many cluster servers.

Example:  In cluster we have Server1, 2, 3,4. Cluster name is CLS-Server. In OME will be lister 4 servers with CLS-Server name (all with different Service Tags).

2.8K Posts

April 14th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

You might need to call support at 800-945-3355 to have them take a look.

But in general:

The HyperV support should show the Physical Server and then enumerate the guest OS's under the HyperV server.

For Microsoft clusters, we just display the physical nodes that are part of the MS cluster.

Hope that helps.

Rob

No Events found!