MattiasZ
2 Iron

Re: Email alert not working after upgrade

I have already tried with an new server as posted before and that is working perfect.

Is it possible for you to give me more techincal information how the mail is sent so i can debug the faulty server. A diffrent with the faulty servern and working is SP1 for R2 that should not be an requirement according to the document though.

Also one thing can the iis block the sendmail.exe file in some way?

0 Kudos
Firefly0000
1 Copper

Hi,

We are also having this issue with a clean install of 2008 R2. A/V is disabled, firewall disabled, nothing under windows events viewer.

0 Kudos

Looks like we have a bit of fixing here.  Some of these problems folks are reporting may be related to the fact that the local service account does not have access to the SMTP server.  You might be able to work around this by adding a local SMTP server on the box and forwarding the mail to another server.  Though I’m not sure this would work (or would even be recommended).

We are addressing this by adding user/password parameters to the SMTP preferences page in the version that will be releasing this quarter.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Firefly0000
1 Copper

Rob,

Looks like the Dell TroubleShooting Tool is able to send an e-mail ok, so the issue must be with the Openmanage Essentials software.

Also, is it possible to add mib's from other suppliers into the software?

0 Kudos
MattiasZ
2 Iron

And for my faulty server its NOT working with the Dell Troubleshooting tools..

0 Kudos

Ok, we think we've identified the issue.  We are in the process of making changes to allow for more parameters such as user/pw, port, and SSL for the SMTP settings.  Hopefully that should address the issue.

For mibs.  We are working on a tool to allow folks to import 3rd party mibs into OME to allow for alerts.  This should be out in the first half of the year.  But I'm not certain of the date.  It will hopefully be a download from DellTechCenter, so we'll announce it here.

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
AndrewJMS
1 Copper

Any idea when this update to OME might be out, or beta-testable?  I'm very pleased with it as a replacement for ITA, but the lack of email alerts is a killer.

0 Kudos

In general OME will send out e-mail alerts.  there are some issues that are resolved with the upcoming version that is scheduled to release very soon.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AndrewJMS
1 Copper

In my case, OME doesn't send email.  So the ability to specify username/pw and perhaps port number are welcome additions.

0 Kudos