Michael Lamia
2 Bronze

Re: Heath Status show Warning, but why

Hi Rob,  

Right-clicking on the yellow server is not possible.  When I double-click on the server to get its full list of details, there is nothing yellow in any of its components.

I see yellows in the log file.  I acknowledge them, delete, them, etc, but the yellow still does not go away.

Michael Lamia

Solutions Architecture Consultant - Specializing in CPS, DHCS, and Azure Stack

Dell EMC | Solution Centers

Michael.Lamia@Dell.com

Chicago, IL USA

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Hi, same question I asked Ken from his post.  Was this an ITA->OME upgrade install?  

When you click on the server, on the right side you should see inventory.  What agents are reporting yellow?

thx!

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Michael Lamia
2 Bronze

Hi Rob,

No, this was not an upgrade.  It is a fresh install of OME.  The OMSA agent is reporting yellow.

Thanks.

Michael Lamia

Michael.Lamia@Dell.com

Chicago, IL USA

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Ok, so when you right click on the yellow server in the device tree, then launch OMSA on the server, you are saying that OMSA does not indicate _any_ warning sensors or statuses?   I have not seen that before.  I think I'll need to ask that you call in to support (800-945-3355 ) so they can help collect more data on this.

Thanks!

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Michael Lamia
2 Bronze

Would I still see the choice to launch OMSA if this is an ESXi server?  I just double-click on it and go to details to see the entire inventory of the box.  I just don't see a choice for "launching OMSA".  

I will go ahead and call support.  Thanks much for your help.

Michael Lamia

Michael.Lamia@Dell.com

Chicago, IL USA

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Well I'll have to check if we populate a right-click action for ESXi servers.  But anyway, just open up OMSA directly on the ESXi server and it will tell you it is yellow.  We probably need to populate that right-click action if we don't already.  I'll check.

thx!

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Clarification.  Since this is *ESXi*, you would may have to use OMSA on another server and use the ‘Manage Remote Node’ option on the bottom of the OMSA login page.

• Launch OMSA on another server  (will most likely be logged in when OMSA is launched)

• Logout of OMSA

• Then click ‘Login’ button

• Choose ‘Manage Remote Node’ at the bottom of the OMSA login page

• Provide IP address and credentials for the ESXi server then check “Ignore Certificate Warning”

• Click ‘Submit’ button to login.

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Michael Lamia
2 Bronze

I followed your directions to a tea, but all I get is a blank IE page.  There are no errors or anything.  It just comes up as blank.

Michael Lamia

Michael.Lamia@Dell.com

Chicago, IL USA

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Here is a link with some steps to enable Server Administrator in ESXi.  You may have done this already.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

And I think the ESXi section of the OMSA install guide discusses setting up DWS (remote OMSA web server).

support.dell.com/.../OMIUG.pdf

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
YoungyLives
2 Iron

RE: Heath Status show Warning, but why

Holy thread revival I know - but on the surface it appears to be a good fit.

I have just rolled out OME 1.2.0.3441 for the first time and have noticed that a few servers that appear to have the same setup as other ones that are working have a warning for both:

Server Administrator
Server Administrator (Storage Management)

under Software Agent Information.

At this point I can't see why and have tried the basic things like restarting the srvadmin-services (which appear happy enough) on the host etc etc.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos