Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2011 14:00

Integrating Repository Manager and OpenManage Essentials

I've installed OME and RepoMan on the same server. Open RepoMan in Server mode, try to create new repository for OME.

Start the wizard, make it to the Summary, click finish, and get this error every time:

Error retrieving inventory from Dell OpenManage Essentials

The servers and models show up correctly on the System Inventory step of the wizard, but always fail on the actual import.

2.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

Did OME complete a full discovery&inventory before ran RM repo creation? RM may encounter problems to get the inventory details.

There is a runtime log at %localappdata%\RepositoryManager\log by RM. It may have error message in details.

Thx!

Rob

50 Posts

January 4th, 2012 09:00

In the log (that is difficult to read, what format is it? XML?) the error that shows is:

InvCompliance.CreateCompliantUpdates: Exception getting compliant updates: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The full discovery and inventory is complete, that is not the issue.

2.8K Posts

January 4th, 2012 09:00

Hmmmm....not obvious from this message.

Btw, the log is in Microsoft WCF tracing format(svclog). Using Microsoft service trace viewer tool (svctraceviewer.exe) may have a better display.

It looks like I'll have to direct you to support to open a ticket (800-945-3355 ) so we can dig a bit deeper.

Thx

Rob

January 4th, 2012 13:00

Hi guys, please be sure to post the results of the support case, as I am running in to the exact same issue.  

Thanks much.

Mike

January 5th, 2012 14:00

I, too, am getting this issue.  Interested to see what you find.

2.8K Posts

January 5th, 2012 14:00

Which version of RM are you using?  I think we shipped v1.3 on OME, but there is a new 1.4 download.

January 5th, 2012 16:00

I am using 1.4, the current download from TechCenter.

2.8K Posts

January 9th, 2012 08:00

Can you confirm that when you hover over the username in the top right section of the OME console that your user is a member of OmeAdministrators?  thanks, Rob

January 9th, 2012 19:00

I can confirm that I am, in fact, a member of the OmeAdministrators group.  I am logging into the application as the server's local administrator account, too.

2.8K Posts

January 10th, 2012 09:00

Ok, trying to brainstorm here.  Is this a default install or custom install (diff path, remote database, etc.) ?

January 10th, 2012 10:00

I did install to a remote database server.  Otherwise, everything is defaults.

2.8K Posts

January 10th, 2012 14:00

Ok, I strongly suspect this is related to the fact that you are using a remote db.  I bet it would work on a local db.  To proceed, you might call 800-945-3355 to open a ticket.  There are some logs that they can help collect that would debug the remote db problem.

Thanks,

Rob

50 Posts

January 12th, 2012 17:00

I have been too busy to call for support. I can confirm we are running RepoMan 1.4 and that I am a member of the OmeAdministrators. We also use a local SQL Express DB, and I used the default install.

28 Posts

January 24th, 2012 11:00

I can confirm that this issue, as described in the OP, happens with local databases as well. All of the mentioned criteria in this thread is also met.

RM v1.4.104

OME discovery process has fully completed

OME user is a member of OMEAdmin group

SQL database is local

OME and RM were both installed using the defaults

2.8K Posts

January 24th, 2012 11:00

Ok, thanks for the post.  If you can, phone 800-945-3355  and that may allow us to collect some logs to help pinpoint the trouble.

Thanks,

Rob

No Events found!