Robert Clemens
1 Nickel

OME 1.2.1 System Update Compliance

Jump to solution

I'm having an issue with OME 1.2.1 and a couple select updates. The main culprit is a NIC update for the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet #2 and Broadcom NetXtreme I and NetXtreme II Driver Family (CYKKJ) . My systems show non-compliant, yet I have tried every which way to determine compliance via OME and manually on each system. These servers are 64bit (Windows 2008 R2) and note has been taken that 64bit DUPs are not supported. I'm also having issues with a PowerEdge 2800 and the Intel(R) Pro/1000 MT Network Connection Driver -- I have 8.4.21.0 installed and 9.2.24.1 (NIC_DRVR_WIN_R120343.EXE) shows as available but does not change compliance.

I am curious what I am missing to show these hosts as compliant or to resolve compliance manually -- any ideas? Hopefully my picture is legible after posting.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TRScott
2 Iron

RE: OME 1.2.1 System Update Compliance

Jump to solution

There are at least 10 other topics within this forum on this specific topic, there is an issue and Dell doesn't know when it will be resolved.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have been working very closely with Dell for months on v1.2, we were told that this would be addressed in a catalog update in mid December.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Robert Clemens
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hopefully the catalog updates will help.

I also have a R720 that is not showing all of the updates that the server requires. It only shows BIOS and NIC firmware, yet I know it has a few other firmware updates that are needed as well. This R720 is running RHEL6 with OMSA and inventory collector running.

A different R720 server that runs ESXi 5.5 and OMSA 7.3.0.2 was tested through OpenManage Integration 2.0 and all available (and accurate) updates were listed for that server. Both products (OME and OpenManage Integration) should be using the same catalog information, correct? So my assumption was that OME is lacking more than just catalog functionality. Or am I way off base? OpenManage Integration so far has been pretty neat for my virtualization servers.

I'm just a bit puzzled on the OME solution as I have tried it several times in the past years to no avail -- I'm not convinced it has progressed far enough to be a real server update compliance system? On the plus side, it does give a great view of server information in one location.

I guess my question is: does anyone that actively uses OME use it exclusively (with accurate results) to monitor their server hardware update compliance? Do you still need to manually manage the servers outside of OME? I'm having to use idrac updating more often than I thought I would when I rolled OME out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TRScott
2 Iron

Jump to solution

OME isn't perfect, it does have it's "issues" and quirks but the support on it is relatively good and they will figure out the issues even if it takes a few calls.  I don't often have to update my ESXi boxes outside of OME, but when I do I just build a linux ISO disc using repository manager and remotely boot from that ISO and let it do it's thing.

0 Kudos