Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2015 22:00

OME 2.0 with M1000e

Greetings,

i have two M1000e enclosures need to discover via Dell MOE version 2.0 but i cant 

i used both SNMP and WS-Management protocols

also enabled notification to be sent from the enclosure console itself

note: enclosures firmware is 4.50

can you help me discover the M1000e through dell open manage essentials 2.0?

1K Posts

April 13th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

With enclosure firmware 4.5 you will be able to discover the M1000E using only SNMP protocol? If you want to use WSMAN and get more details, you need to upgrade the firmware to 5.0 or above.

• Can you try removing WSMAN from the discovery settings and use only SNMP for discovery?
  • If that does not work, do use Troubleshooting tool to verify if you are able to connect to the M1000E using SNMP. SNMP needs to be configured on M1000E for connection to work. Make sure the community string is correct, they are case sensitive.

Let us know how it goes.

3 Posts

April 14th, 2015 23:00

for installing OMSA for ESXi hosts, do i need reboot for the server?

1K Posts

The discovery of blade and enclosure is not related. If you want to discover the enclosure using WSMAN, then the firmware should be 5.0 and above. For the blade to be discovered you can use WSMAN if it is an idrac7 or above. iDRAC 6 has limited support. If you want to discover the ESXi host, you can use WSMAN with the host credentials. make sure OMSA is installed on the host.

3 Posts

thanks for your advise

i have also ESXi hosts installed in the Blade servers itself and i know it should use WS-Management protocol to be discovered 

thats mean i should upgrade firmware of enclosure to 5 at least?

or there is no relation between iDRACs of Blade Servers and the M1000e enclosure which contain them?

1K Posts

April 15th, 2015 01:00

Re-correcting,  it might be needed to restart the host after installing OMSA. You may get more information @ http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1760

No Events found!