LukaszKU
1 Nickel

OME 2.1 and MD Storage

Hello,

I have few MD Storage in company. All of them are sending alerts to OME. I have noticed strange thing, that OME discovered 200 MD Storages even if I have only few. It is showing multiply times the same array. On previous version of OME everything was fine. It started once I upgraded to version 2.1.

Any clues what is going on?

thanks

Lukasz

UPDATE: I have noticed that every time when discovery is starting (at 2.00 am everyday) it is adding storage again to MS Storage group - it is not updating the date on existing entry but adding a new one. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
LukaszKU
1 Nickel

RE: OME 2.1 and MD Storage

Anybody?

0 Kudos

Hi Lukaszku,

Are there any other devices discovered in OME. Can you confirm if this behavior is observed only with MD devices or happening with other devices as well?

--
Girish

0 Kudos
LukaszKU
1 Nickel

Hi Girish,

I have many servers and with them everything is fine. This happen only with MDs.

Lukasz

0 Kudos
flg8rfan1
1 Copper

Have the same thing in my environment. It's only MD iscsi storage and I'm only using the Powervault Discovery option.  MDSS is installed on the same box and all SANs are configured using the same SNMP settings as OME with thesame server as trap receiver.

0 Kudos

Hi LukaszKU, flg8rfan1.

Can you confirm if the Device name and service tag are populated properly for these devices in the device summary page of OME?

--
Girish

0 Kudos
LukaszKU
1 Nickel

Yes, I can see service tag, model, type, and all firmware information.

0 Kudos
flg8rfan1
1 Copper

In my case, yes.  I have the correct Service tag and SAN name, just multiples of them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
polok
1 Nickel

Hi,

I had similar problem, each of the MD controllers registered as separate device. To resolve the problem we changed the 'Name Resolution' from DNS to NetBios in Discovery Schedule settings - it worked for both windows (as cluster nodes registered few different devices in OME) and for DELL MD,

Mateusz

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it would be better if you could open a support ticket for further investigation.

The support number is 800-945-3355.

--
Girish

0 Kudos