Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2017 08:00

OME 2.3 Error when importing Latest Catalog for System Update

I have OME 2.3 installed on Windows Server 2016.  When trying to download the latest Catalog for System Update it just spins over and over and never actual downloads the latest catalog file.

Any suggestions??

July 18th, 2017 01:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Following will help us to recognize the problem:

1. Which catalog source are you using? If it is Dell online catalog, problem is seen with all options? Please try other options and see if one works out.

2. Internet connectivity is through a proxy in your environment? If so, please configure the same under Settings.

3. Is there anything logged under UI Logs when operation is triggered?

July 18th, 2017 07:00

1. I am using the Dell online catalog.  I have tried to download the catalog.cab file directly and import from file and that had the same issue.

2. We do not require a proxy server in our environment.

3. There is nothing logged under Logs -> UI Logs

Some more information about my OME install.

Operating System: Windows Server 2016

Initial install was OME 2.2 and was upgraded to OME 2.3.

Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Also, when I go to Manage -> System Update Under Task Execution History there is a task that is stopped called Import Catalog for System Update.  I am unable to restart the task or remove it.  When I right click the task and go to details  it says the task is running. 

July 18th, 2017 10:00

Thanks for the information.

Can you restart OME services from general settings and try the operation again?

July 18th, 2017 11:00

I restarted the services and received the following error from the UI Logs.

Critical 7/18/2017 12:05:24 PM FailsValidation The sender is SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient and the exception is System.ServiceModel.FaultException: www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns=" schemas.microsoft.com/.../Key> Unable to stop one of the windows services on your server. Service Name: OmeDAService Service Display Name: DSM Essentials DA Service< /Value> Details Dell.ManagementEssentials.Exceptions.ServiceStopException: Unable to stop one of the windows services on your server. Service Name: OmeDAService Service Display Name: DSM Essentials DA Service ---> System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed. at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus desiredStatus, TimeSpan timeout) at A.ce14a3be31bfa4d3f952325c0d5d7eecc.c259ffe43293b0f659bb2587d1c57f7d6() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at A.ce14a3be31bfa4d3f952325c0d5d7eecc.c259ffe43293b0f659bb2587d1c57f7d6() at SmartConsole.Service.DataService.RestartServices() Id at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result) at SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient.DataServiceClientChannel.EndRestartServices(IAsyncResult result) at SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient.SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.IDataService.EndRestartServices(IAsyncResult result) at SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient.OnEndRestartServices(IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.OnAsyncCallCompleted(IAsyncResult result).

The update catalog is still just spinning.

July 19th, 2017 01:00

Thanks for the information.

It is clear from the log that DSM Essentials DA Service was unable to stop. I would request you to first manually end/kill Dell.ManagementEssentials.Service.DAService.exe process and then start the DA service. Subsequently, try updating the catalog and let us know if this works out.

July 20th, 2017 10:00

Hi, please use above steps if DA service is stuck and unable to restart.

101 Posts

July 20th, 2017 10:00

I've started to see the same thing within the last couple of days as well in OME 2.2.  When it does this, no task gets added to the All System Update Tasks tab.

101 Posts

July 20th, 2017 12:00

Restarting the "DSM Essentials DA Service" fixed it for me.  It did eventually stop on its own.

FYI, having to enter reCAPTCHA to post in the forum is HIGHLY annoying.  If I am logged in, there should not be a need for a captcha.  This is a great way to discourage participation.

July 21st, 2017 14:00

Thank you and restarting the DSM Essentials DA Service" fixed it for me as well.

No Events found!