Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

November 30th, 2018 06:00

OME 2.5 Prereq failure

Hi I am trying to upgrade from OME 2.2 to 2.5, on a Windows 2012r2 server. The installer keeps reporting that I need to install KB2919355 before I can continue, even though this update is happily installed on the server. This is not an easy update to remove so a reinstall is out of the question. Is there a way of skipping the check for this prerequisite so I can continue? Regards Darren

• 

6.2K Posts

November 30th, 2018 10:00

Hello

I suggest reviewing the other components that the installer is looking. One of the developers listed other required updates that may cause the installer to stop on that particular error.

https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Essentials/Install-Windows-Server-2012-R2-Update-KB2919355-before/td-p/5075142

Thanks

3 Posts

December 6th, 2018 03:00

Hi Daniel Thanks for the reply. I have tried manually installing the other requirements but still got the same error. After looking through the release notes I tried to remove and reinstall a few componants but I got a bit reckless and ended up breaking Windows. I have reinstalled the OS from scratch and ensured it has all required Windows updates, but I'm still getting the same message. Is there anywhere else I can look? Regards Darren

December 6th, 2018 05:00

If the KB is already installed on the system, I recommend to try the following.

Extract the installer zip and navigate to ..\windows\ManagementStation, run following command in the path and see if the installation goes through.

setup.exe -p

This will install OME in passive/silent mode while installing all pending pre-requisites only.

3 Posts

December 11th, 2018 06:00

Hi Shivendra.

No luck, a couple of moments after starting the install a message pops up asking for the KB to be installed.

Regards

Darren

December 13th, 2018 09:00

Hi Darren,

Please get in touch with Dell Support for further assistance on this problem, unless you are open to try installation on another system. The problem could be specific to the system in question here.

June 1st, 2019 14:00

Hi,

Did you ever solved this issue?

I have the exact same issue

Michel

June 3rd, 2019 07:00

may be this may help someone in need as I was:

had no choice because KB2919355 is installed indeed and I don't know why the prerequisite check is not detecting the KB2919355 in my system.

had to remove from prereq_ms.xml the checkID related to KB2919355 :

first Extract the installer somewhere.

there, go to  ..windows\ManagementStation\PreReqChecker

you'll find there the file prereq_ms.xml. This file determine what will be checked. look for what is related to KB2919355 check. something like PRCheckID value="pr_KB2919355" and the block starting with PRCheck pr_id="pr_KB2919355" executed="false"

remove those and save the file.

then run the autorun.

No Events found!