Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

January 22nd, 2021 05:00

OME 3.5.0 (60) Smtp TLS support Office 365

Any update for OME to support SMTP authentication TLS support for an Office 365 tenant 

2.9K Posts

January 22nd, 2021 10:00

Hello,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question, I'll share what I can, though. If this doesn't help, would you mind clarifying what information you're looking for? The impression I've gotten is that OME 3.6 may be available in the moderately near future, but there's been no official statement on it to my knowledge. I know that it should expect a few issues that were present in 3.5, but there's no information I could share about new or expanded features.

5 Posts

February 3rd, 2022 10:00

Hello Dylan

He's asking for an update for OME, so the SMTP alerts can be sent through office365. And so am I

• 

8.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2022 12:00

A Sonnet,

While 3.5 is old, and you should look at the newer versions, it should work as long as the following is true;

Sender has a mailbox in Office365

Authentication enabled

Use SSL box checked

and using port 587

Let me know if this helps.

5 Posts

March 16th, 2022 03:00

Hi Chris

Thank you for your answer

It's not working with office 365 with OME 3.8 (latest release)

Thank you in advance for your help

• 

3.2K Posts

March 16th, 2022 04:00

Good day,

can you please explain your request in more detail, so that we can understand it and I can forward it to a colleague.
E.g. system type incl. installed hardware, OS, how and where you installed that, what did you change if necessary, and did it work before? etc.

With kind regards Martin

5 Posts

March 16th, 2022 06:00

OME cannot send alarms with an office 365 account. as starttls is not implemented, it doesn't work.
I tried with the settings you mentionned, and it doesn't work.
even this topic is about STARTTLS implementation to be able to support office 365 SMTP.

I'm Using Open Manage Entreprise to monitor Hardware and warranty, but we're unable to send alarms with office 365 account.

the version we use is Version 3.8.3

it's installed on Dell default appliance provided on your website. It never worked as it can not work since starttls is not implemented.

• 

3.2K Posts

March 16th, 2022 07:00

Hi,

please provide all other requested Information that I could forward your request.

If you did not want to post this here you could contact our Software team could assist you on our hotline.

Regards Martin

5 Posts

March 17th, 2022 01:00

Hi

the version we use is Version 3.8.3, it's the os version and the software.

it's installed on a vm  (on a esx).

It's the out of the box image we used.

And we need it to send mail to office 365.

It's not an issue with the system that is working fine, it's a need for starttls implementation on ome so every user of this software is able use ome to send mail through office 365.

The question asked is : "When will STARTTLS will be implemented ?"

I don't need technical help, I need starttls to be implemented, and if it can not be implemented yet, i need to know when it will be

Thank you for your help

• 

3.2K Posts

March 17th, 2022 03:00

Hi,

sorry, but we are not allowed to post such information public.

Only Sales could arrange such information by signing an NDA.

Regards Martin

5 Posts

March 17th, 2022 06:00

Thank you for your precise answer

May 3rd, 2022 05:00

vote up!  this is still in an issue. not disclosing when a needed feature is implemented on a community development page is kind of ridiculous

• 

8.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2022 07:00

Andreas5208,

If the following are followed in regards to Office365, it should work

Sender has to have an acct in 365

Must use port 587

Authentication is enabled

SSL check is selected

I think where the issue is arising is in testing it. The test button in OM will NOT work with Office365, as the sender is no-email@dell.com. 

So in order to test that it is working you would want to go to the iDrac of the server in question and use the Test Event function with something like CPU0002, which will send an alert that looks real and OME will email in response.

Let me know if this helps.

1 Message

December 18th, 2023 19:00

It's Finally Working with versions 3.10 + (with STARTTLS)

Thanks

No Events found!