Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2013 09:00

OME Detecting 2 MD Storage systems but the IPs are the same

We started using OME 1.2.1.0 and have found it working well.

All of a sudden it is now detecting 2 MD SANs but we only have one.  The IPs are the same.  One device shows up with a good health status with 2 IPs and the other is unknown with one IP.  Also the one that shows up as unknown gets detected as down every 1-2 hrs but the SAN is fine and nothing in the logs.

Thoughts?

2.8K Posts

November 15th, 2013 10:00

Hi Marc and thanks for the question.

Hmmmmm, this is curious.  I've not seen it.  I wonder if you right click delete both of them from the tree.

Then go to the discovery portal and re-run discovery and inventory on that range.

Thanks,

Rob

3 Posts

November 15th, 2013 10:00

When I do it works for a bit but on the next scan generally it will pick up the second device again.  I have worked around the issue by excluded the second IP for now but I do not think this is a fix.

2.8K Posts

November 15th, 2013 12:00

Hmmmm....I was thinking you could discover an MD with just one IP.  I've not seen folks using two, but I'm not super-experienced on MD storage.

When you ping -a both ip addresses, do you get unique FQDN resolution?

Rob

3 Posts

November 18th, 2013 10:00

It looks like that is correct. OME will inventory and discover with only having one IP.  We have 2 IPs as there are 2 management (RAID) cards on this MD system.

Yes we have setup 2 host names for the 2 IPs of the MD device.

Keeping the exclusion on one of the IPs seem to prevent the issue from reporting so maybe it has to do with detecting the second IP as a duplicate system?

Thanks.

No Events found!