Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 9th, 2016 08:00

OME Home Portal Alerts pie chart

Is there any way to remove the critical and warning alerts from the "Alerts by Severity" pie chart without deleting alerts from OME? I want to keep the history of the alerts but management does not want to see the Critical alerts in the pie chart if nothing's actually wrong, or the issue has been resolved. Acknowledging the alerts doesn't appear to affect the pie chart whatsoever.

I'm running OME 2.2.0.2056.

Thanks.

December 10th, 2016 19:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

The alerts pie chart can only be filtered by device groups at this point. However, the alerts grid on the right-side can be filtered by alert severity. Never the less, I will take this request forward to concerned team members.

336 Posts

December 12th, 2016 11:00

Thanks for the reply. Filtering the alerts by severity defeats the point of having them show on the portal in the first place.

So you're basically saying that the only way to clear critical/warning alerts is to delete them. That doesn't seem very useful. That makes it impossible to see whether there are any current warnings or alerts from the dashboard, unless one chooses to delete all alert history.

Why can't OME display only unacknowledged alerts on the portal, for example, and then users can acknowledge the alerts while retaining the alert history. That would make only current and unresolved alerts show up on the portal, which would be much more useful to an administrator.

December 12th, 2016 21:00

Many thanks for the valuable feedback.

Please be assured that this enhancement request has been forwarded to concerned team.

No Events found!