eustacez
1 Copper

OME REST APIs

Hi everybody, 

I have recently started dealing with Dell PowerEdge servers. As I am looking to monitor the hardware status and information regarding my servers, I came across the OpenManage REST APIs, the documentation seems pretty straightforward.

However, when I attempted to code a Python script to pull the information using the required base_url given which is https://<hostname>:<portNumber>/api/OME.svc/<informationWeWant>

I kept facing a 404 Not Found exception should I be using a Session object to make the GET HTTP request, or a 503 Service Unavailable exception when I use a simple Request object to obtain it.

Does anybody have any clue if the URL is ill-formed or am I missing something? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: OME REST APIs

Hi, thanks for the query.

The API you meant to use is hosted by OpenManage Essentials product. You need to be managing your servers with OME to have the functionality mentioned in the document. I am assuming you are trying it on the iDRAC IP/hostname which results in failure, do correct me if I am wrong.

To know more about OME and its feature set, please visit this page: www.delltechcenter.com/ome

Thanks,
Shivendra

0 Kudos