Highlighted
taiwovintage
1 Nickel

OME Wont Show Virtual Machine's Information

Hello

I have recently installed the VIB bundle on my server.I have configured SNMP on it. and when i was running the inventory, i use the WS-MAN and SNMP .it was able to get most of the information i want like hardware errors and warranties but its not showing anything related to Virtual Machines

When running the scan, i use the IDRAC iP address( My ESXI Host's is on a different subnet), ,configured the SNMP but i cant see any VM information.

The SNMP test seems to be successful from the PowerCLI because i can see the SNMP warm start message on OME everytime i do that.

Can someone please point me in the right direction please?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TRScott
2 Iron

RE: OME Wont Show Virtual Machine's Information

I think that in order to get what you're looking for you'll need to use WS MAN to query the VM host IP as well.  I know in my setup I use WS MAN for both the iDRAC IP and the Host IP and can see what you're after.

0 Kudos
taiwovintage
1 Nickel

That's the protocol that i am currently using but its not given me any VM info

0 Kudos
TRScott
2 Iron

Hmm that's how I have mine setup and if I look at one of my hosts I see VM's under the virtual machine heading, you see nothing?  Can you post a screenshot?

0 Kudos
taiwovintage
1 Nickel

0 Kudos
TRScott
2 Iron

Can you try deleting the server and idrac entry then re entering them and see if it shows?

0 Kudos
taiwovintage
1 Nickel

I have just tried that  and it's still the same thing. Not showing anything relating to Virtual machines. The only time i got some information relating to VMs was when i ran the setup using the ESXI management IP( Not IDRAC).

I have another ESXI server Dell poweredge R720 . I did not install VIB on this since its a 12G server.i only enabled SNMP  but i am still not getting any information relating to Vms in there also.

0 Kudos
TRScott
2 Iron

You definitely need the VIB installed for it to report correctly, at this point I'd suggest calling dell support and have them look into the issue.

0 Kudos