Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

October 12th, 2016 08:00

OME and Command Monitor

Hi,

I've rolled out Command Monitor 9.1 to all Dell client machines, but only a handful are showing "System Administrator 9.1.0" as a Data Source in OME 2.2.0.2056. The rest only have WMI.

There's a mix of Win 7, 8.1, 10 Pro, XPS and Latitude in the ones that are working, so nothing consistent about the ones that work and the ones that don't.

I tried the troubleshooting tool with WMI it found the DCM Namespace on one of the non-working machines.

Any suggested debugging steps to find out what's stopping it working properly?

Thanks

Gary

October 13th, 2016 10:00

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the query.

The issue seems to be with client device instrumentation because of which Dell specific classes are not available to collect data from. XPS does not seem to be a supported platform for DCM, probable direction to look into. Below excerpt from DCM FAQ page: en.community.dell.com/.../7777.dell-command-monitor-faq

Q: What platforms are supported by Dell Command | Monitor ?

A: Dell Command | Monitor which is available on Dell Venue 11 Pro, Dell OptiPlex™, Dell Precision Workstation™, and Dell Latitude™ client systems.

If the issue is intercepted on DCM supported platforms, I would request you to post a query in client solutions TechCenter forum below. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

en.community.dell.com/.../4709

27 Posts

October 17th, 2016 10:00

Thanks, but found the problem. Was the timing of the scans. Doh!

No Events found!