Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2015 15:00

OME doesn't detect failed physical disks

I am using OME to connect to a version 6 iDRAC via WS-MAN.  OME can see the PERC information, the physical disk information, and the logical disk information.  One of the drives is dead.  I can see that from the PERC interface launched from the console at the iDRAC, but OME doesn't seem to show that.  Is there a way to see disk status in OME using iDRAC 6 on an 11G server?

24 Posts

September 29th, 2015 22:00

Hi bosco,

OME normally receives a alert for these type of failures.

It seems you discovered the device before it failed and OME has not performed discovery and inventory

For status in inventory try doing discovery and inventory again. It should work after this.

1K Posts

September 29th, 2015 23:00

Hi Bosco,

OME does not show the status of a disk which is connected. It just collects the inventory about it. If on connecting the disk, there is an alert generated by iDRAC and the trap destination is set to OME, then OME will show the alert. There is no direct way to figure out the status of a connected disk.

2 Posts

September 30th, 2015 09:00

Is there a way I can check the current status of all my disks in all my servers if OME doesn't do it?

bosco

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

October 1st, 2015 12:00

Hi Bosco,

iDrac6 doesn't roll up storage status in the overall server health which is displayed by OME. If you have OpenManage Server Administrator installed on the server, that GUI will show you the status using OMSS(OpenManage Storage Services) OMSS is installed as part of OMSA installation.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!