Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2014 07:00

OME in LAN servers in DMZ

What is best practice if i host two hyper-v host servers in my DMZ and run OME in my LAN?  I see the servers but they come up as unclassified.  Thanks.  

2.8K Posts

July 24th, 2014 08:00

Hello and thanks for the post.

Few questions;

1. What version of HyperV?

2. What version of OME are you running?

Best to discover the HyperV box with SNMP and WMI.  The Dell Troubleshooting Tool (installed on the OME desktop) can sometimes help as well.

Also a FAQ on DellTechcenter.

Thanks much,

Rob

www.delltechcenter.com/ome

34 Posts

July 24th, 2014 10:00

the server is 2008 R2 and i am runnign OME 1.3.  When i run the test tool it seems to fail on snmp and WMI.  I have the ports open for both on the firewall and i have disabled the firewall on the windows box them selves.  How does discovery work on servers in the LAN as opposed ot servers in a DMZ?  In OME i see them as unknown.  Thanks.  

2.8K Posts

July 24th, 2014 16:00

Thanks for the extra detail.

OME handles discovery the same way.  But you may need to be mindful of the ports that must be opened depending on the security situation in your environment.  Be sure to review the user guide for required ports.

Also, remember the version of Server Administrator (OMSA) should be shows in the results from your SNMP and WMI troubleshooting test.  This tool is installed on the OME desktop.

Let me know how that goes.

Rob

No Events found!