Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 21st, 2015 05:00

OME incorrect reporting firmware version

OME version - 2.1

After running inventories using both SNMP and WMI, most of our M610 blades are showing as needing various Broadcom and SAS6IR firmware updates but when running the updates on the server, it is found the latest firmwares are already installed.  The OME inventory shows that an update is required but running OMSA and SUU on the servers shows the latest firmware is installed.  We have a mixture of servers on our network going back to PE1950's and various generations after that, all reporting fine.The DUP's are the same in OME as the SUU.

Screenshot from SUU and OME below showing the difference. From searching the forums/Google can't seem to find anyone with the same issue.  Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Justin

From running SUU on the server:

From OME:

9 Posts

September 22nd, 2015 10:00

Hi Pupul,

Having looked through the discovery ranges and exclusions, it was all a complete mess so I removed all machines, deleted the inclusive ranges and exclusions and re-inventoried and all looks to be good at the moment and all versions being correctly reported.  Will look at it again tomorrow but for now, I'd say all is good!

Thanks

Justin

1K Posts

September 22nd, 2015 01:00

Hi Justin,

What is the catalog source in OME? Is it SUU or FTP?

9 Posts

September 22nd, 2015 01:00

Hi Pupul,

The catalog was generated from Repository Manager, reason was to include the updates fro our 8th and 9th gen servers which weren't available from the online catalogs (that I could see)

Thanks

Justin

9 Posts

September 22nd, 2015 03:00

I have generated an SUU from the OME inventory in Repository Manager and then imported the catalog.xml from that SUU into OME, reran the inventory in OME for one of the servers and it is still showing the incorrect firmware versions.  Running the newly created SUU on the server console reports back the correct firmware versions. Very strange!

Justin

1K Posts

September 22nd, 2015 04:00

Thanks for the detailed information. There are couple of things which we need to know for debugging this problem:

1. How is the server discovered? Is it SNMP with OMSA or iDRAC using WSMAN?
  2. The firmware version that you see in the software inventory table for this device, is it same as the firmware version actually pinstalled in the server?
  3. Assuming the firmware version shown in software inventory table is not same, can you try this: If it is OMSA discovery, what is the OMSA version, you can try restarting the OMSA services or reboot the server and then run a fresh discovery and inventory from OME, to check if correct firmware version is reported.

Let us know if this helps.

1K Posts

September 22nd, 2015 23:00

Thanks for taking time to update the post. Hopefully all goes well, let us know.

No Events found!