Highlighted
DarkSchneider
1 Copper

Re: OME not seeing all information about ESXi

I also have this problem, ESXi 5.1.0 build-799733 - OME 1.1.0.6063 / OMSA 7.1.0

Is there a fix for this yet? a workaround is not ideal for me.

0 Kudos
DarkSchneider
1 Copper

Just updated to OMSA 7.3, OME 1.2.0.3441, 
still not good.
Warning status on my R510 ESXi 5.1 servers.

0 Kudos
DELL-Pupul M
4 Tellurium

Hello,

The software agent information shows that the warning state is because of the "Server Administrator (Storage Management)". Probably, there is something in the storage which needs to be updated to the latest. If you do that, you should be able to see the Green status for your server.

You can launch OMSA for this ESXi from another server and then you can see what needs to be updated. Just make sure that the other server also should have OMSA 7.3.

Click on Manage Remote Node in the bottom of the page and then provide the details of this ESXi server.

Thanks,
Pupul

0 Kudos
DarkSchneider
1 Copper

Hi Pupul

Thanks, I checked on OMSA and you are right, my PERC H700 firmware needs updating.

Only problem is, OME isn't seeing my ESXi servers in System Update so I dont know how to do the update.

0 Kudos
DELL-Pupul M
4 Tellurium

Hello,

Thanks for confirming.

Now since you have to apply system update to the ESXi server, please discover and inventory the iDRAC of the server using WSMAN protocol. Then you will be able to apply the updates using the iDRAC method. Please make sure that CSIOR is enabled on the iDRAC and the iDRAC is not in a corrupt state.

Thanks,
Pupul

0 Kudos