Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2013 12:00

OME not showing all devices

OME System update is not showing all devices should be updated for few of our servers.

All of the servers are RHL x64 has OMSA 6.5 with srvadmin-cm 6.5 installed

Please Help.

Thanks,

Pini

1K Posts

December 19th, 2013 22:00

Hi Pini,

Can you please confirm if your servers show the software inventory table in the device tree? If not and as you say srvadmin-cm is installed, you may need to reboot the server and try a new discovery and inventory.

December 20th, 2013 01:00

We had the same Problem. The work around from Dell Support is: Open OME. Go to Manage -> System Update On Summary tab click Advanced Settings. Choose "Enable Downgrades" an click ok. Wait a Minimum of 8 minutes while the view refreshes. Open Advanced Settings again und set the Options back to "Disable Downgrades". Wait again a Minimum of 8 minutes while the view refreshes. After this procedure your missing Servers should appear in the list. Note: It's not a real solution, only a work around. The problem can occur again. Sometimes on maintenance day we must repeat this procedure several times. Could be that after updating a set of servers other servers disappear so that you must repeat the workaround until all servers are updated.

9 Posts

December 20th, 2013 07:00

Hi, Thanks for the response.

Servers shows that Inventory collector agent is installed.

I can see the servers in the system update tab, But i dont see all the updates that should be applied for them.

Thank,

Pini 

1K Posts

December 22nd, 2013 22:00

Hi Pini,

Can you please confirm what does it show in the system update tab? Is it showing blank when you select the individual server to update? A screenshot would help. Also, can you confirm what is the catalog source for you catalog, is it FTP or a local repository?

9 Posts

December 23rd, 2013 06:00

Hi Pupul,

This is what system update shows for few of the servers:

Now, Here is a screen shot of an identical server (Hardware & Firmware) which is showing all the complete updates list:

I am using a local catalog. (I also tried changing back to FTP, But there was no change)

Thanks,

Pini

9 Posts

December 23rd, 2013 10:00

I am adding Invcol xml's. 

These is the server not showing correctly:

Empty inventory results. Empty inventory results. Empty inventory results.

This is a correct server:

Thanks for the assistance,

Pini

1K Posts

December 24th, 2013 01:00

Hi,

Just to confirm, is it the software inventory table also which is showing lesser number of components or is it only the system update tab? What i can check from the inventory collector is that the inventory collector itself is returning less number of components: So one thing you may want to try is rebooting the server where inventory collector is not returning all the details.

Before doing this, if the software inventory table is showing all the components and some are missing in the system update tab., then can you try this:

Click on advanced settings in the system update >> Select Enable downgrades >> Wait for 10 minutes and then Again select Advanced Settings >> Disable downgrade. It should show you all the components if they are missing only from the system update tab. 

9 Posts

December 26th, 2013 08:00

Hey Pupul, Thanks for your response.

Both of them are showing lesser number of components.

I have just tried rebooting the server, Inventory Collector is still not returning all the details.

Thanks,

Pini

1K Posts

December 26th, 2013 22:00

It sounds like there may be a problem with the inventory collector if both the servers have the same configuration. It is difficult to claim that.

Can you try one last thing? Upgrade the OMSA installed on your servers to the latest which is 7.3. For doing that you will have to first upgrade to OMSA 7.0 and then to OMSA 7.3. You can use OME remote tasks feature for performing this.

Once done, perform a rediscovery and inventory of the system after deleting it from the IP ranges.

I hope this helps.

9 Posts

December 30th, 2013 07:00

I am trying to deploy OMSA via OME but without success.

Can some one guide me through? 

Thanks,

Pini

9 Posts

December 30th, 2013 08:00

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I tried working with that, But no success. Tasks seems to complete but nothing is installed. 

The Linux installation guide is lacking details. 

Thanks,

Pini

2.8K Posts

December 30th, 2013 08:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

We have a whitepaper on this topic on www.delltechcenter.com/ome.

Can you take a look and see if that helps?  If not, let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks much,

Rob

96 Posts

December 30th, 2013 22:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Few questions on the failed task:

1. What's the O.S on the target device for which the OMSA task failed?

2. Where there any arguments provided in the OMSA push task? Is it OMSA upgrade task? If yes, just try running the task again without any install arguments.

3. Which OMSA package did you use?

Just to make sure you have "tar.gz" package with its ".sign" in place which is required for OMSA push to work while creating a OMSA push task.

Also can you please attach few screenshots for the failed task and its details, that will help!

Thanks

Ranveer

9 Posts

January 6th, 2014 07:00

Hi Ranveer,

Thanks for your response.

1. Red Hat 5.7

2. No arguments been provided. It is an OMSA upgrade task.

3. Trying to use OMSA 7.1 (Upgrading from 6.5)

The .sign is located in the same folder as the package. 

logs:

PackageCode 0
PackageFileName /var/tmp/zipJwVix2/OM_RHEL5x.tar.gz
PackageLog setup.sh: Installing patch for OpenManage 6.5.0 ..

Preparing... ##################################################

srvadmin-omilcore ##################################################

After the install process completes, you may need

to log out and then log in again to reset the PATH

variable to access the Dell OpenManage CLI utilities

srvadmin-iws ##################################################

setup.sh: .. Done
PackageReleaseId Not Available
PackageState complete
PackageStatus 2
TotalStatusMessage Software update complete.

Thanks,

Pini.

9 Posts

January 6th, 2014 12:00

Ok. So i have managed to install OMSA 7.1 manually (Not through OME) and inventory collector is still not listing all hardware devices.

Does anyone knows how fix this??

Here is the latest "invcol" output i collected:

< Application componentType="BIOS" version="1.6.3" display="BIOS"/>

Thanks,

Pini

No Events found!