Highlighted
BPU
Bronze

OME shows update for already updated parts

Hi, we recently updated some servers iDracs 6 to 1.98.

In the device tab it shows with the right version Number:

But in the system updates tab it is still listest with 1.97:

I already did the hole discovery process again but it did not help.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
31 Replies

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

Hi,

Thanks for the post. So, by devices tab, you mean the software inventory table and not the firmware information table or data sources table, right? If not, can you check what is shown in the software inventory table?

Thanks

Pupul

0 Kudos
BPU
Bronze

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

Hi,

we are using the OME in german and there might be some translation issues when trying to get support. To get around this i tryied to add some screenshots. But I must have made a mistake with them. So here is the second attempt.

0 Kudos
BPU
Bronze

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

0 Kudos

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

Hi,

Thanks for the post. Few clarifications to understand the environment better.

1. Are you using OMSA 7.4 64bit or 32bit ?

2. Have you updated iDRAC firmware through in-band?

3. Can you please check the version of iDRAC firmware in "Software Inventory information"  table of OME?

If Software inventory table shows "1.97" & you have updated firmware through inband, then please restart OMSA services in the Managed Node.

After successful restart of OMSA services, please re-discover/inventory this device in OME console.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Arun 

Thanks,

Arun
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
BPU
Bronze

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

Hi, thanks for your help.

1. OMSA 7.4 64bit

2. iDRAC has been updated in-band

3. In "Software Inventory Information" table it is 1.97, too.

All OMSA Services (DSM ...) have already been restarted as well as a new re-discovery.  And I tried to delete the server in OME before re-discovering. Did  not help.

0 Kudos

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

Hi,

We need to confirm whether OMSA could update it's inventory component output.

In the managed node, C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\oma\log\cachecfg.txt points to the latest inventory component output of OMSA. Read the content of this file.

Mostly it will be like C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\oma/log/Inventory.xml.1.

Open this xml file and search for iDRAC component. If the software version has shown as 1.97 still then the issue is with OMSA.  I would recommend to update OMSA (or) reinstall OMSA.

Otherwise I would recommend you to open a ticket with Dell.

call 800-945-3355 to open a ticket

Thanks,

Arun

Thanks,

Arun
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

There were few issues with OMSA 7.4 around inventory not getting updated. But restarting the OMSA services should have fixed it. If it is not a production server, can you check restarting the server once, if it is possible. Also, the inband system update task does show completed successfully and no error reported, is that right?

Thanks

Pupul

0 Kudos
BPU
Bronze

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

Hi,

i checked cachecfg.txt and as you said it pointed to Inventory.xml.1.

Last filechange has been 5 days ago.

Searching for iDRAC i found this:

</Device>
    <Device componentID="20137" display="iDRAC6" AgentID="1" TimeStamp="2014-10-18T16:33:14Z" History="3" SequenceNum="67">
<Application componentType="FRMW" version="1.97 " display="iDRAC6"/>
</Device>

I swear I allready restarted the OMSA Services yesterday and the files looked like I describe above.

But I gave it another try and restarted the services again. And this time the cachecfg.txt points to Inventory.xml.2. And geuss what:

</Device>
    <Device componentID="20137" display="iDRAC6" AgentID="1" TimeStamp="2014-12-05T17:44:06Z" History="4" SequenceNum="72">
<Application componentType="FRMW" version="1.98 " display="iDRAC6"/>
</Device>

Looks good, now.

Re-Discovering and re-inventoring did not help that much. After I did that, the server has no longer been listed in any kind of system update tabs in OME. I could only see in the devices tab.


I had to delete the server in OME and after re-discovering and re-inventoring again it reappeared in the system updates tab as a "green" device.

This server is OK, now. I will monitor this behaviour with the next servers that I add to OME.

Thanks a lot so far.

0 Kudos

RE: OME shows update for already updated parts

Happy that it worked. :-)

Thanks for choosing Dell.

Thanks,

Arun
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos