Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2014 10:00

OME unknown device discovery

Good Afternoon,

I am new to the site, so hello all

I am having an issue with discovery for OME. I have both OMSA and OME on the same server monitoring my server status and RAID.  I have another set up which is working fine but for some reason its showing an unknown status on this set up.

Thanks guys/gals

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 11:00

Thanks again,

Tried all the above with no luck. I did notice that the SNMP read request failed for get community name. But again, it failed on my other server but I am not having issues. I would note I am on a network also

2.8K Posts

January 22nd, 2014 11:00

Hi and welcome,

Please review the FAQ (3.2, 3.7) and see if that helps at all.  You can see the FAQ on www.delltechcenter.com/ome.

Also, you can use the Dell Troubleshooting Tool installed on the OME desktop.  Run the SNMP test and ensure that the OMSA (Server Administrator) version is displayed in the result set.  If not, that indicates a problem with the OMSA setup on that box.

Thx

Rob

2.8K Posts

January 22nd, 2014 13:00

Ok, so the SNMP test needs to pass in order for the device to get properly classified in OME.

Some folks don't realize that the read community string is case sensitive.  Can you confirm that you've got the SNMP read working and then we should be able to get it working from there.

Thanks much,

Rob

No Events found!