ChrisHorner
1 Nickel

OMSA - Cannot set SNMP Trap Destination IP

Hi

I'm attempting to set a SNMP trap destination in OMSA (the latest build) to fire at OME.
I can set the community name, but when I attempt to enter the IP in the field it reverts to 0.0.0.0
I can enable and disable it, but I cannot set the IP

The following error is logged

Remote Access LAN destination address modified Failed!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: OMSA - Cannot set SNMP Trap Destination IP

ChrisHomer,

The issue is that the SNMP destination configuration is done in the SNMP service and not in OMSA, as it is just an agent on the server that just needs to be running.

You can follow this link and it will provide assistance on setting up SNMP traps. 

Let me know if this helps.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
ChrisHorner
1 Nickel

Hi

So this screen isn't relevant? I assumed this was where I would specify the event trap destination?Capture.PNG

What I'm really trying to do is monitor health of a Gen11 unit which is running ESXI - I just want an alert if a disk fails etc.

I can see them in OMSA, and I can see them listed in OME, but I want an email alert send on any issue....

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Would you confirm where you have everything installed? I ask because with ESXi you would need to load the OMSA VIB to the host, but then utilize OME to monitor and manage. So just want to be certain.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
ChrisHorner
1 Nickel

Sure!

Machine 1: ESXI 6.5 (managed with VCSA) OMSA VIB installed and SNMP enabled in ESXI

Machine 2: Physical Win2016 unit (I need to use tape here!) OMSA installed and OME installed

I can login to Machine 1's OMSA via the console on Machine 2 as you'd expect

And I can see all the info for both in OME so that's all good, but I need to make sure it will actually notify if something goes wrong rather than me having look in OME all the time

0 Kudos