Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2015 15:00

OS Driver Pack installation issues (Process Secure Update Failed)

We have an issue when we try to install the 'OS Driver Pack' (R720_Drivers-for-OS-Deployment_Application_HK41X_WN64_15.02.12_A00.EXE) for our Dell PowerEdge R720 Server.

After running the installation and 4 minutes into the process we get 'Update Failure: Process Secure Update Failed.' Restarted the server numerous times. The server is already patched up with the latest bios and firmware.

_________________________________________________________________________________

BIOS Information

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Version 2.5.2
Release Date 01/28/2015

Firmware Information

Name iDRAC7
Version 2.15.10.10 (Build 8)

Firmware Information

Name Lifecycle Controller 2
Version 2.15.10.10

Dell Open Manage Server Administrator v8.1.0.1

__________________________________________________________________________________

However another R720 Server with the same specifications and environment updated successfully but the only difference there was here we had a previous installation and the initial prompt was

The version of this Update Package is newer than the currently installed version.
   Software application name: OS Drivers Pack, 7.2.1.4, A00
   Package version: 15.02.12
   Installed version: 7.2.1.4

Where as in the one where we have the issue, the initial prompt is

No version of this Update Package is currently installed.
   Software application name: OS Drivers Pack
   Package version: 15.02.12

The event log throws this error!

The description for Event ID 6049 from source Dell - System Update cannot be found. Either

the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the

installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with

the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\R720_Drivers-for-OS-Deployment_Application_HK41X_WN64_15.02.12_A00.EXE - SCHS

\schsadministrator
Dell OS Driver Pack, 15.02.12, A00
C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdatePackage\log\\R720_Drivers-for-OS-

Deployment_Application_HK41X_WN64_15.02.12_A00.txt
Exit code = 1 (Failure)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

_________________________________________________________________________________

We have tried all means and are currently unable to solve this issue. Has anyone come across the 'Process Secure Update Failed' and managed to solve it. It would be much appreciated!

34 Posts

February 20th, 2016 22:00

This worked for me as well. 

Reset & Re-Purpose, and choose to wipe everything and uninstall everything. 

90 Posts

February 24th, 2016 12:00

Worked for me too! Thx

June 1st, 2016 09:00

Thx a lot, your suggestion helped me out of this situation. Funny thing is, the reset job failed, but the update worked afterwards.

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

July 19th, 2016 06:00

That sorted it for me, thanks!

4 Posts

July 27th, 2016 05:00

same issue after upgrading idrac to 2.32.31.30

August 17th, 2016 14:00

Thanks joblink, this worked for me as well.  My case was a R620 with the latest iDRAC7/Lifecycle Controller 2.30.30.30 running Windows 2012 RTM.  I was attempting to update this server via OpenManage Essentials and it kept failing.  Running it manually on the server, I hit the "Process Secure Update Failed" road block.  Oddly, there was no OS Deploy Pack installed to begin with.

The verbiage changed slightly in this version Lifecycle Controller to:

Hardware Configuration > Pepurpose or Retire System

Embedded OS Driver Pack (uninstall)
Lifecycle Controller Data (remove logs and configuration data)

Now running 15.07.07

No Events found!