Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2017 08:00

Open Manage Essential 2.3 - Manage Fortigate Traps

Hi all,

I need to monitor a Fortigate Unit and after setting everythings's needed, I cannot get traps
recognized.
The mibs (core and fortinet) are imported, and despite this, severity, category are unknown e other fields without meaning.
The fortigate Unit is unclassified but I think it's normal.

Thanks in advance

David

August 10th, 2017 10:00

Hi David,

Thanks for the query.

Can you please share the MIBs, we can simulate in our environment and provide more information? Also, please share a snapshot of OME showing the received traps as unknown.

August 11th, 2017 01:00

Hi Shivendra,

as you request, I provide the snaphost and the MIBs:

MIBs are downloadable from Google at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9hCjycPd1Q3OHlsNVFnaU5BYTA

Thanks for your cooperation

David

August 15th, 2017 06:00

Thanks for the info.

I analysed the MIBs. Traps with OIDs ...101.1.2005 are not defined in either of the MIBs. Please check with vendor to identify the missing MIB.

I tested traps with OIDs ...100.1.3 and they are working fine once the MIB was imported in OME. Please ensure core MIB is imported properly and traps are listed in selected category under "Alert Categories & Definitions" section in OME.

August 16th, 2017 00:00

Hi Shivendra,

thanks for your prompt replies. It's very important to know that eveything is setup correctly despite
vendor's MIBs.

David

August 16th, 2017 03:00

Hi David,

In general, whenever you are importing any MIB in OME, make sure the parsed traps are listed in selected category under "Alert Categories & Definitions" section in OME. That way you can be sure that vendor traps are recognized thereon.

No Events found!