Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2017 23:00

OpenManage Enterprise

OpenManage Enterprise is the next generation OpenManage Essentials.  It simplifies, centralizes and automates the full span of server lifecycle management activities – discovery, configuration, deployment, updates, and remediation – within a single console that unifies management of tower, rack and modular platforms.  

OpenManage Enterprise assists in standardizing and supporting your IT management policies and practices.

Now, you can download the software here.

2.8K Posts

December 19th, 2017 12:00

Thanks Robert, passing the details of your datacenter setup along to the right folks for consideration.

Rob

2.8K Posts

December 19th, 2017 12:00

Thanks @ks-ccare for the updated info.  Good the template is moving along.

We may need a support ticket to dig into the slow nature of the updates.  Nothing obvious to me here.

Thx

Rob

1 Message

January 3rd, 2018 04:00

Hi,

I feel that a proper Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise Forum should be set up. Currently it is set up as one single thread, but while reading it is clear that it is intermixing various topics and threads, making this look very disorganised.

2.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 06:00

Hi averstappen,

Yes, agree.  This is in progress.  In fact we are migrating to some new forum software so the new forum should be rolled out in the next few weeks.  In the meantime, I am also watching the old forum as well at

www.delltechcenter.com/ome

Thanks!

Rob

January 3rd, 2018 12:00

is there a way to add additional network interface to the appliance?

i would need additional network interfaces to be able to communicate with different servers/dracs.

2.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 14:00

Hi Carl, thanks for the question.

At this point we only support a single NIC.  Not sure if there is any workaround via bridging or routing...but it depends on your environment.

I've passed your feedback along to the right folks for review.

Thanks,

Rob

2 Posts

January 14th, 2018 09:00

Hi,

I have downloaded the software and imported like you have said to on Server 2012 R2. The servers boots but will not allow you to set a Admin Password. Comes up with a blank error message and returns you the enter password screen.

I have re downloaded and re added does the same.

Do have a suggestion please?

1 Message

January 16th, 2018 00:00

Hi

I have the Hyper-V version of the appliance and I have set it up using the console menu. 

I now need to log into the web interface but no username / password combination seems to work.

The docs say the default username is admin. Is there a default password? The password I set in the console does not work either.

Looking forward to seeing the interface but just cant get there right now :-)

Regards

Adam

January 16th, 2018 06:00

I'm using Hyper-V on Server 2012 R2. The documentation for importing the VM in Hyper-V is wrong. It is not possible to import the VM, because the snapshots will not accepted as a configuration file. But it is possible to make a new VM and give it the existing .vhd-file.

But I'm a pure Windows admin. I have no clue about Linux. So the change to Linux is very bad for me and I think I must find a replacement OME. I will use Essentials until it die.

edit: I could change the password, but I'm not able to configure the machine, because the password will not accepted by the system. When I try to change the IP configuration, I get no option for "continue", only for "cancel".

Completely useless.

2 Posts

January 23rd, 2018 09:00

I'm trying to add/discover some R710s which uses iDRAC6 but it failing every time.

CGEN1013 : Unable to connect to the device over because a connection error occurred.
Task Failed. Execution has completed

Are those servers not compatible with this?

January 24th, 2018 11:00

Hello,

I have installed the VMware appliance and have been running it for about 2 weeks. It is no longer responding to pings. I have rebooted it, tried using another IP, and vmotioned to another ESX host.  Not working.  

Any ideas?

1 Message

January 25th, 2018 08:00

Followed the guide religiously, yet no credential combination seems to be working. Can you confirm what the default user name is to gain access to the web portal?

I am trying

"Admin"

"localhost/Admin"

"localhost\Admin"

"localdomain/Admin"

"localdomain\Admin"

and the password i setup for the console access but am still getting this message when trying to logon to the portal:

"Unable to perform the operation because the provided credentials are invalid."

2.8K Posts

January 29th, 2018 12:00

Hi egastt

First off, just FYI we created a dedicated forum you might find helpful:

https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise/bd-p/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise

Our support for 11G (R710) is more limited than 12/13/14G.  We will discover them and provide some basic inventory and formatted alerts.  You'll have to discover them via WSMan to the IP address of the iDRAC.  Make sure you just use the default settings in the disc wizard.

Hope that helps.

Rob

2.8K Posts

2.8K Posts

Thanks for the post.

BTW, we set up a dedicated forum here which might help:

https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise/bd-p/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise

For your question Levapp77, did you set up the initial password in the Text User Interface screen after you accept the EULA etc?

When I set the password and user, I just use the username without any localhost or localdomain notation.

Thanks,

Rob

No Events found!