Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2011 04:00

OpenManage Essentials Missing Performance Monitoring?

I have been unable to find the server performance monitoring feature within OpenManage Essentials to monitor things like pagefile size, disk freespace, disk I/O, CPU utilization.

I am currently using ITA 8.9 and the performance monitoring comes in handy. 

Has performance monitoring been removed from OpenManage essentials?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more you know, the more you realize the less you know. - MCB

2.8K Posts

December 6th, 2011 06:00

Hi there and thanks very much for the post.

Yes, actually, that was the one major feature that did not make the transition from ITA to OME.  Some of these capabilities can be done via the OS/Perfmon now.  But I will also forward this thread to the marketing team so they can consider your feedback.

Thanks,

Rob

13 Posts

December 4th, 2012 05:00

Is there any word on this feature returning, yet?

2.8K Posts

December 4th, 2012 06:00

Hi there,

I don't see it in the near term.  Can you give us some idea on how you would use this feature?  What kind of data would you track etc.  I'd love to get some specific user requirements over to the product team.

BTW, maybe not what you need.  But the OpenManage PowerCenter (OMPC) product does power monitoring on Dell Servers.  Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Thanks,

Rob

en.community.dell.com/.../3534.dell-openmanage-power-center.aspx

13 Posts

December 4th, 2012 06:00

Thanks for the update.

We used it in IT Assistant for the disk space monitoring. It has become a hassle trying to get other applications to do what IT Assistant did so well.

2.8K Posts

December 4th, 2012 07:00

Ok, got it.  Will pass along.

There is a wp on www.delltechcenter.com/ome that talks about how to leverage OME to "sort of" do this.  Not sure if it will help (see below).

Rob

en.community.dell.com/.../20217160.aspx

615 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 10:00

Seconded :)

1 Message

June 3rd, 2013 10:00

I would love to see disk usage and cpu usage monitoring in OME as well!

No Events found!