Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 2nd, 2015 06:00

OpenManage Essentials "Devices" tab missing

Hi

I've installed OpenManage Essentials beginning of this year. It worked great an has brought good value to us.

Now around three weeks ago the "Devices"-tab in the web-application under menu item "Manage" suddenly disappeared.

I can still search for devices (however when clicking on them in the search bar nothing happens), notifications on system state changes work fine as well. Basically everything works as it should, just this single menu item is missing of which I think it has a certain importance within the application.

I've tried repairing the installation which didn't help.

I'm running OME on version 2.0.1.2222 on a virtual Windows Server 2008 R2, fully patched, along with SQL server 2008 R2 on a separate instance of W2k8R2.

Can I do anything to fix this without re-installing OME? (and reconfiguring should the problem be database related)

Thanks

2.8K Posts

April 2nd, 2015 12:00

Hi there,

Yeah, it looks like some of the key plugin's to OME cannot be loaded.  Hence the missing tab, etc.

This feels like a database corruption issue.

Best to open a support ticket at 800-945-3355.  If they can get a copy of the database it might be useful for the team to review to help understand what might have gone wrong.  

But a new inst will likely be in the cards.

Regards,

Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

24 Posts

Hi,

Can you check the UI/Application logs under "Logs" tab in OME

Also anything in event viewer regarding this ?

-Amit

3 Posts

Hi Amit

I've found the following two entries multiple times in the UI logs:

Critical 4/2/2015 2:45:54 PM OMEPluginLoader No assembly is associated with plug-in SmartConsole.Controls.HomePortal

Critical 4/2/2015 2:45:54 PM App.Instantiate() System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: [Arg_TargetInvocationException]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_TargetInvocationException ---> System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: [Parser_CreateInstance_ConstructorInvocation]
Arguments: Dell.OME.UI.Silverlight.Base.Controls.Alerts.AlertConsole
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=Parser_CreateInstance_ConstructorInvocation [Line: 95 Position: 90] ---> System.NullReferenceException: [Arg_NullReferenceException]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullReferenceException
   at Dell.OME.UI.Silverlight.Base.Controls.Alerts.AlertConsole.ApplyDefaultFilter()
   at Dell.OME.UI.Silverlight.Base.Controls.Alerts.AlertConsole..ctor(Display_Mode mode)
   at Dell.OME.UI.Silverlight.Base.Controls.Alerts.AlertConsole..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at SmartConsole.Controls.HomePortal.InitializeComponent()
   at SmartConsole.Controls.HomePortal..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at SmartConsole.App.Instantiate(String userControl, String assemblyName)

Nothing suspicious in the eventlog besides:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Essentials Services cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

An internal application error occurred while attempting to run the task "Status Poll". If this problem persists, please contact technical support.

3 Posts

April 8th, 2015 02:00

Hi Rob

Thanks for the insight. I'll check if we still have earlier versions of the DB available in our backup. Otherwise I'll re-install.

Cheers

No Events found!