tbhall77
1 Copper

OpenManage Essentials trap forwarding mib

I’m working on integrating OME with our enterprise alerting product IBM Netcool. When I set up a trap forwarding rule it has some predefined enterprise ids being passed on an arguments field. Problem is, the MIBs under D:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\configuration\Mibs do not correlate to the OID paths being sent. i.e. .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.11000.1000.100…. Where can I get the MIBs that explain the paths being forwarded in the traps so I can import them into our trap receiving product?

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: OpenManage Essentials trap forwarding mib

Hi,

Thanks for the post. It is an OID from OME MIB. When the alerts get forwarded the OID will be included in the forwarded alert. You can find it under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\configuration" folder the name of the file is OME.mib.

Regards

Abhijit

0 Kudos
tbhall77
1 Copper

Abhijit,

That worked.

Thank you!

Tom

0 Kudos

Thanks for the updates. Let us know if you run into any issues.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

RE: OpenManage Essentials trap forwarding mib

Hi Team,

I am forwarding the alert from dell ome to nagios, i used two mib-files IDRAC7-MIB and DELL-RAC-mib, what other mib files i have to use , so that all forwarded alarms can be parsed on Nagios. 

0 Kudos

Roughly, it will be all MIBs that are present under the directory specified above by Abhijit (considering you are managing all type of devices supported by OME).

Thanks,
Shivendra

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Shivendra,

I already check ed the same location where i am not able to find raid-adapter-mib which have alarm for predictive trap of disk. 

I have configured two mibs dell-rac mib and idrac.mib as of now, are they enough to parse every alert during forward action?

//Bharat

0 Kudos