Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2013 19:00

Ports for DMZ Access

Hi ,

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my DMZ hosts. Is there a list of ports and the directions avaiable?

So far I have put in firewall rules to allow

1.) 443-WSMAN

2.) 161 - SNMP

3.) 445 - for CIFS (TCP and UDP)

4.) allowed ICMP

Is there any other ports I need to configure?

Cheers,

Atreya

August 18th, 2013 22:00

Atreya,

If you are trying to push updates from FTP, then port 21 needs to be open as well.

11 Posts

August 18th, 2013 23:00

Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to update the DMZ hosts from the catalog in Repository Manager. That is why I used port 445 for CIFS (Common Internet File System) for TCP and UDP. Please correct me if I am wrong.

When you say FTP is that when I update using an online source or update it from ftp.dell.com?

Cheers,

Atreya

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

August 19th, 2013 07:00

Hi Atreya,

OME inline help contains ports and protocols table which will guide you through the ports you need to open on management station(where OME is installed) and managed nodes(the target servers).

The port tables are located under Managing security settings->Supported Protocols and Ports section.

For in-band updates(using OMSA) you will need port 135 on managed nodes for windows targets and 22 for Linux targets.

For out of band updates (using iDrac) you will need port 1278 and 1279 on management station and port 443 on managed nodes.

Ftp port 21 is needed on management station if you are downloading catalog and updates from Dell ftp website.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!