Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2015 09:00

Storage Monitoring Problems After Upgrade

Hello!

Upon upgrading to your guys latest version of OME my entire storage device list has gone hay wire. The below are some details.

We have two types of "MD Storage" as per the Dell names definition we have LSI INF-01-00 and MD36xxf.

However, I believe the hang up is for our LSI controllers is that the "Service Tag" is and always was the same number where as our other storage devices the (MD36xxf) ones have various different service tags.

So essentially, OME is trying to consolidate all of the information of all of our LSI storage devices into one single storage device.  SO whenever you look to view the storage device, the storage device continuously changes names and lists a long laundry list of IP addresses.

Is there any work around for any of this?  Or a fix?  

Edit.. Note:  Before in OME all of these devices were broken up individually, even storage devices with 2 separate IP addresses were acknowledged as one single entity, where as now, they are all "one"

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

September 25th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Is it possible for you to delete and rediscover these devices? Also after rediscovery can you confirm if those devices are part of PowerVault MD Arrays group or Dell NAS appliances group?

Regards

Abhijit

29 Posts

September 25th, 2015 10:00

Will do!  

29 Posts

September 25th, 2015 12:00

I deleted them all, and rediscovered, and they clumped all of the devices into one single Device with a long laundry list of IP addresses that supposedly make up that one device.  I am positive it is listed under "MD Storage" as well under "Device Type".  

Any other guidance or things to try I am open too, thanks!

September 27th, 2015 21:00

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

One more question regarding service tag. You mentioned that in the devices which should be broken down individually but getting clubbed as a single device, reports same service tag. Can you confirm whether the devices that are clubbed as single device now, reported same service tag earlier and whether that service tag is valid (alphanumeric string of length 7)?

Also, let us know the model information of the devices where you are observing this issue.

We will be able to provide more options to try for the fix based on these information.

Thanks,
Vijay

29 Posts

September 28th, 2015 06:00

- They always reported the same service tag

-The service tag has 11 total characters, starting with PN L2-25068-30 (don't even know if it matters if I write out the whole line or not).  That however is just a part number, that is replacing the service tag.  

The device Model is a INF-01-00.  Thanks for any help!

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

September 28th, 2015 07:00

Most likely the same service tag is causing the devices to merge. One more thing for you to try would be to exclude this from service tag correlation.

You can go to "C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\configuration" and edit the dconfig.ini file. You will find an entry for

SERVICE_TAG_EXCLUDE_LIST=

Include your service tag after the "=" sign. Save the file and restart OME services. Delete the devices and rediscover again and let us know if that works.

Regards

Abhijit

29 Posts

September 28th, 2015 12:00

Thanks!  This fixed the issue!  Just goin to take a bit of work to clean everything up (storage devices went every which way under the manage/devices list)

29 Posts

September 28th, 2015 12:00

However one unfortunate side effect of all of this is that it lists the device as a unclassified device and no longer shows the hard drives inside of the storage device.

September 29th, 2015 02:00

Hi Jason,

May I know what type of storage devices these are, MD storage, Compellent, EqualLogic, etc.

29 Posts

September 29th, 2015 07:00

Another sad after effect is that anytime a new discovery is had, it double replicates the storage devices as well.  If I run a discovery twice on a range, it creates a new entry.

Also, the product ID for this device is INF-01-00 and the vendor is LSI/Netapp

1K Posts

September 29th, 2015 23:00

Since you have already tried deleting and rediscovering all the devices by adding exclusion list in dconfig.ini file and nothing has changed in your environment, i think it would be better if you could open a support ticket.

The support number is 800-945-3355.

No Events found!