Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2014 01:00

SupportAssist plug-in isssue with OME 2.0.1?

Since I updated OME 2.0 to 2.0.1, link to supportassist drives me to OME startpage instead of support assist page.

I tried to reinstall support assist plug-in, issue remains.

Did someone encounter the same issue?

96 Posts

December 30th, 2014 01:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

1. Does it happen even when you launch from SupportAssist shortcut created on your desktop screen?

2. Did you upgraded SupportAssist as well?

3. Can you try restarting the SupportAssist windows services, and see if that works?

Keep us posted!

Regards

Ranveer

3 Posts

December 30th, 2014 07:00

1. No, the shortcut on the server is working fine (I tried to copy the link from the browser without success: https://myserver:2607/DIS )

2. No I did not find any SupportAssist 2.01

3. I did reboot the whole server, same issue

regards,

3 Posts

December 30th, 2014 07:00

My current SupportAssist version is 2.0.0.47284

• 

36 Posts

January 2nd, 2015 04:00

Hi,

That is a strange behavior. I tried to reproduce this but it is working fine for me.

Can you send me the screenshot of the OME console after you are redirected?

Please send me the screenshot of the following things as well:

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\Dell Integrated Support
2) Properties page of  Dell SupportAssist shortcut.

You can email me or share these in dropbox or something.

Regards
Aniruddha S

• 

36 Posts

January 13th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

Just checking if you were able to resolve this issue. If you are still facing this problem can you send me the above mentioned details?

Regards
Aniruddha S

17 Posts

January 13th, 2015 06:00

I'm having the exact same issue.  Running OME 2.0.1.2222 and SupportAssist 2.0.0.47284.

The desktop SupportAssist shortcut points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Integrated Support\bin\PhomeLauncher.exe", though we never use the desktop shortcut, but, instead always access SupportAssist via the Extensions tab in OME itself.

• 

36 Posts

January 13th, 2015 06:00

Can you try to repair SupportAssist once?
 I would prefer running the SupportAssist setup (if you have it separately) over repairing it from control panel.

Was something changed in OME recently?

Regards
Aniruddha S

17 Posts

January 13th, 2015 07:00

OME was installed with SupportAssist bundled with it, but I had already tried to repair SupportAssist by downloading the standalone installer.  It prompts me to either Modify or Remove and it successfully completes the Modify option, though it doesn't provide any information as to what it actually modified.

The last change to OME would have been when we upgraded to OME 2.0.1 in early December.  My guess is that's probably when SupportAssist stopped working.

No Events found!