Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 9th, 2017 05:00

Switch & Virtual machine showing health status to unknown & unable to move in servers tabs, please find attached image & help & support to resolved issue.

October 10th, 2017 23:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Virtual machines will be classified as unknown in OME, this is working as expected as OME is meant for managing and monitoring Dell hardware.

For switches,

1. Are these Dell switches? If yes, which models?

2. Which protocol are you using to discover them? If SNMP, have you configured SNMP protocol on the switch for proper discovery?

4 Posts

October 11th, 2017 00:00

Yes the Switches are frrom Dell & Model name is Dell Core Switches X4012.

& One thing again I have to ask that Virtual Machines are created on PE R730 server.

Yes We are using SNMP protocol but not configured in Switches.

October 11th, 2017 01:00

Thanks for providing more info.

Please configure SNMP protocol on the switches, if not enabled then OME cannot connect and recognize the device.

Only ESXi and Hyper-V based host operating systems will be classified under Servers group. Virtual machines will stay as unclassified.

Hope this helps!

4 Posts

October 11th, 2017 03:00

Thank you for your reply. Your ans will be help to resolve issue..

4 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 04:00

Hi,

After enabling SNMP in X series Dell Switches then also health status showing to unknown & Can you tell us how to configure mail alert because i had configured mail alert in Open Manage but after rebooting the server not got any mail, but only show alert in OME. 

22 Posts

April 3rd, 2018 09:00

"Virtual machines will be classified as unknown in OME, this is working as expected as OME is meant for managing and monitoring Dell hardware."

I don't think this is accurate. "some" of my virtual machines show up as "Virtual Machine" in OME and some show up as "Unknown" (note model column)Capture.PNG

I don't know why there is a difference, but OME obviously supports VM's enough that it recognizes them as such and will give a green health status.

I don't know why some of them show up as unknown however, so far I have been unable to discover the difference between ones that come in as VM and one that come in as Unknown.

April 3rd, 2018 20:00

By Unclassified we primarily mean they will be under Unknown group. In addition to that, when host is discovered along with SNMP enabled on the VMs, the VMs will also get grouped with the host. As a result, the VM can be seen in both groups, Unknown as well as the host group.

No Events found!