Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2015 06:00

System Update falling - Unable to copy the file to the remote system

HI,

I started to using System Update in DELL OME 2.0.1.2222 to upgrade drivers/firmware on Windows Servers. System update is configured with recent catalog and with in-band update mode.

My DELL OME server is located in one of the main sites. I noticed that the System upgrade is falling on sites which have poor network connection. Poor means that it is slow but stable.

Upgrades to other mains sites or smaller sites with better network connectivity works without any problems

Error from scheduled task:

"Results:  File deploy command failed to execute with error message: The deploy operation failed.  Unable to copy the file to the remote system.
Error message:(ID-59)An unexpected network error occurred"

Error from troubleshooting tool:

Is there any timeout which can be increased or maybe the problem is somewhere else?! I am doing the upgrade on two same models, with same os version and omsa version and it is falling only on the site with worst network connectivity,

Thanks !

October 23rd, 2015 05:00

What is your line speed to the problem site and which update are you trying to push?

17 Posts

HI,

I was trying to upload small 1MB files and also big ones 100MB files with the same results using the troubleshooting tool

I done a test on 50MB file and the speed is around 7-8Mbps. Above screen from troubleshooting tool and Lan Speed desk - both tests were done directly from OME server to one of the problematic servers to location \\hostname\c$\windows\temp

17 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I done few tests - when it is falling in troubleshooting tool it does not mater if it is small 1MB file or 100MB file. I was also able to update iDRAC firmware on server on which it was falling 2h ago [lan speed test shows now 33Mbps]

On below screen you can find a result from troubleshooting tool and Lan speed test to the same server. The speed is around 7-8Mbps

17 Posts

October 24th, 2015 08:00

Anyone ?!

October 26th, 2015 05:00

Error message:(ID-59)An unexpected network error occurred" means that there was a hiccup in the network.

If you open a ping the the remote site are there packet drops?

October 26th, 2015 22:00

Thanks for this informative solution,,,

17 Posts

November 2nd, 2015 05:00

HI,

Apologize for late response, I was on holidays,.

No there is no packet drops to the sites but the system update is still falling,

Thanks !

No Events found!