Highlighted
polok
1 Nickel

System Update problem - The deploy operation failed. Unable to copy the file to the remote system.

HI,

I started using System Update to upgrade drivers/firmware on our servers. System Update is configured with latest catalog and in-band upgrade mode. All of the servers has dell OMSA > 7.x installed. I am using OME 2.0.1

Everything is working fine in most of the enterprise sites but I have few remote sites for which the upgrade is falling. The only difference with the remote site is that they have worse network connection - but still stable. It is also not constant.... yesterday I was not able to patch server i Saudi Arabia, today it was successful,

Error which I am getting in scheduled task:

Results:  File deploy command failed to execute with error message: The deploy operation failed.  Unable to copy the file to the remote system.
Error messageSmiley SadID-59)An unexpected network error occurred.

Error from Troubleshooting tool

Is there any timeout configured for System Update which can be extended?

Thanks !

Mateusz

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: System Update problem - The deploy operation failed. Unable to copy the file to the remote system.

Hi,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, there is not timeout settings configurable for System Update in OME currently. But we will take this feedback as future enhancement to this feature and pass on to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Vijay.

0 Kudos
Angry_Admin
1 Copper

RE: System Update problem - The deploy operation failed. Unable to copy the file to the remote syst

Almost 3 years later and they've yet to fix this issue.
  Dell, set your watch forward to 1986! ZModem could resume, yet Dell can't incorporate something like that into their "product" in 2018? Or even add a more informative status other than "Checking the Status on the following Job(s)"? What was the result? Progress? Anything? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
  It would be more efficient to push out updates to the remote servers with some other system (batch files and xcopy would be faster!) and manually logging in and installing them than waiting an HOUR for OME to FAIL pushing out 3 updates to 1 server!