Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 18th, 2015 05:00

System Update via OMSA V7.4.0.2

We have some PE2900 III with idrac5 and ESXi 5.5U2. I installed OMSA OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-7.4.0-1196.VIB-ESX55i.zip and configured WSMAN discovery. The inventory works fine and i can see all informations of the machines. 

The problem is that the system update does not work because there is no data in this views available.

There is a note in the docs on page 222 :

"You can only update systems using iDRAC6 or later if they are discovered using the WS-Man
protocol"

I do not need to update the machines i only want the view to compare the actual firmware with the Dell repository. 

Why is this a problem although i use OMSA for the inventory?

1K Posts

February 18th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

I'll try to answer your query, OMSA does return us the inventory of the server but the reason you cannot view it under System update tab is you cannot actually perform a system update task on the server. OME works in a way that once a comparison is made, OME allows the user to perform a system update on the server so that it can be made compliant with the latest firmwares. Since, it cannot be done RAC5 or below servers as they don't support OOB, OME does not show it under the system update tab compliant or non-compliant tab. 

I understand that this does not solve your purpose, but as of now this is what OME supports. There are no separate tabs to verify the firmware version and not perform system update. 

No Events found!