Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2014 08:00

The maximum envelope size in the request is too large.

I get the following error on a few of my servers when trying to update from OME. They were discovered and inventoried by iDrac. A few of the servers update no problem, other few just get the error below. This happens when trying to run any update, such as an iDRAC update from 3.50 to 3.60. I am able to manually run the updates through the CMC just fine, but would love to be able to make use of OME. Any input?

Thanks

Results:
Downloading Packages.
Calling InstallFromUri method to Download packages to the iDRAC

Error Occured: The maximum envelope size in the request is too large. Change the maximum envelope size and try the request again.
Username and Password are invalid or

The component that is being updated is not valid. Re-run inventory to determine the correct component and try again
Check the following: Credentials entered are valid, iDRAC is reachable from OME host and iDRAC is in a good state. The iDRAC could not download any packages.
Software Update Task Failed.

2.8K Posts

July 1st, 2014 09:00

Ok.

So we actually increase the envelope size during OME installation.  But we've seen a few folks, maybe their OME server is more locked down, not sure, where this command didn't take effect.

Try running this on your OME server and re-attempting your update.

Thanks,

Rob

winrm s winrm/config @{MaxEnvelopeSizekb="4608"}

2.8K Posts

Hi there,

What version of OME are you running?

Thanks!

Rob

15 Posts

Running your command worked. Thanks! (sorry for multiple posts, not sure how to edit?)

15 Posts

Thanks

15 Posts

Thanks, but after running the command it seems to error:

C:\Windows\system32>winrm s winrm/config @{MaxEnvelopeSizekb="4608"}
WSManFault
WSManFault
Message = There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

Error number: -2147023143 0x800706D9
There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

15 Posts

This seems to be caused because the firewall on this server is disabled. I will re enable and try again.

2.8K Posts

July 1st, 2014 10:00

Not a problem at all.  Thanks for taking the time to update the thread.

For edit, on mine, if I hover near the right side of the 'blue bar' on the post, a little arrow pops up where I can edit.  But it is not obvious :)

Thx!

Rob

No Events found!