Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2017 06:00

Upgrade from OpenManage Essential 2.2 to 2.3

Yesterday on version 2.2 I was getting credential problem with the DB. Noe one has touch the configuration on this server. I did try to solve the DB credential problem, but as the new version was out. I did decide to upgrade. On the process to upgrade all the prerequisites have been installed. But when trying to open the application. I stuck on the OpenManage screen when I click I got error message.

Severity Start Time Source Description
Critical 2017-08-15 3:13:57 PM DataCache.LoadCheck() Data Cache load error
Critical 2017-08-15 3:13:56 PM DataCache.LoadCheck() Data Cache load error
Warning 2017-08-15 3:13:56 PM ProxyManager.FaultTolerate() Fault tolerance on communication exception in progress -> Count: 1
Critical 2017-08-15 3:13:56 PM DataCache.LoadCheck() Exception loading the cache occurred: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer] Arguments: NotFound Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See go.microsoft.com/.../ ---> System.Net.WebException: [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer] Arguments: NotFound Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See go.microsoft.com/.../ ---> System.Net.WebException: [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer] Arguments: NotFound Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See go.microsoft.com/.../ at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassa. b__9(Object sendState) at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4. b__0(Object sendState) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state) at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result) at SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient.DataServiceClientChannel.EndGetHelp(IAsyncResult result) at SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient.SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.IDataService.EndGetHelp(IAsyncResult result) at SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient.OnEndGetHelp(IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.OnAsyncCallCompleted(IAsyncResult result)
Critical 2017-08-15 3:13:56 PM DataCache.LoadCheck() Data Cache load error: SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.GetHelpCompletedEventArgs
General Information 2017-08-15 3:13:55 PM App.xaml DataCache load starting...
General Information 2017-08-15 3:13:55 PM App.xaml Loading user roles complete.
General Information 2017-08-15 3:13:45 PM App.xaml Loading user roles...
General Information 2017-08-15 3:13:45 PM App.xaml Splash screen instantiated...
General Information 2017-08-15 3:13:44 PM App.xaml Culture: en-CA
General Information 2017-08-15 3:13:44 PM App.xaml Application_Startup: Starting...

In the process I did ask the system to keep the DB. I have been prompt that I may have to give credential.

With the TroubleShooting Tool I was able to connect to the DB.

I did install all Windows update. I did IISRESET.

I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions??

August 23rd, 2017 01:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

If DB login is using AD account, credentials will expire as per the cycle and OME will ask for new credentials when it is launched. It is always best to fix existing setup and have it working fine before upgrading to a new version. In this case, new credentials should have been provided when asked by OME 2.2 to connect to database, and then upgrade to OME 2.3 should be attempted.

Please try Repair operation for OME from Windows programs and features and see if it resolves the issue.

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2017 06:00

I just try to re-install and the system offer to install as a new install. When It did came on Essential it did mention that the application should be uninstall or repair trough Program and feature.

This is what I did, I run the repair. And at the end of the process I was able to connect to the DB. I did not have to supply credential.

To me this is a very strange behavior, any valid explanation?

Merci.

August 30th, 2017 02:00

I suspect user rights on the OME database could be the cause. Requesting you to get in touch with Dell Support if you wish to dig deeper and find actual problem.

No Events found!