Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2014 15:00

Warnings because of the newest Agent ?

We installed OMSA 7.3.0.1 on our new Dell R520 Servers. after that we installed OME 1.2.1.0 at another server to monitor the Dell Servers.
Everything seems to work just fine BUT i see a warning, which i cant understand:

then i found this:

so what is the problem over here ? as far as i know, 7.3.0.1 IS the newest agent version available ?
why is there a warning?

we also have other Dell R320 Servers,where the older Version is installed and instead of showing a
warning that there is an older Version installed, it seems to be just fine:

question:

why is there a warning when i install 7.3.0.1 at a R520 Server and no warning on a R320 Server with the old 6.5.0 Version ?

thx in advance.

1 Message

February 6th, 2014 20:00

OMSA comes with a pre-defined list of firmware ( current as of the OMSA release date).  If your installed firmware doesn't match whats in the list a warning alert is generated.  I know this to be true for the PERC firmware in particular.  Connect to OMSA on that server (https://{omsa-server-ip-address}:1311) and you should be able to drill down to the offending component.

February 7th, 2014 16:00

Hi,

you are right, on those both servers the PERC Bios is out f date, there is a new Version out.
So that means, the alert rectangle beside the Agent doesnt mean, that there is a problem with the
Agent itself ?

No Events found!