Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2016 02:00

backup and recovery for dell ome

Hi Team,

what configuration or what procedure i have to follow to take the backup of dell ome, so that i can recover my system in future in minimum time. What will be the steps for recovery.

Thanks

Bharat

December 6th, 2016 03:00

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest backup and recovery for dell ome 2.2

//Bharat

December 6th, 2016 09:00

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for the query.

You can take manual backup of OME database as and when convenient for you. To recover, you can restore the most recent backup to a freshly installed OME database of same version. Cross OME versions database backups might not work properly. Following white paper will come in very handy. Especially 3rd section which talks about backup and restore operations.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20441772

March 19th, 2017 23:00

Hi Shivendra,

Soory to disturb you again, on application side, which files i have to take backup so that i can recover the ome as much as early?

//Bharat

March 20th, 2017 10:00

Hi Bharat,

OME stores all application data solely in the database. If you are concerned about the setup and application files, by default they are installed under C:\Program Files\Dell" unless custom installed at another location.

March 20th, 2017 19:00

Hi Shivendra,

My question is can i take the backup of application files, will it work during restore.

What will be the best practice of restoration from application perspective as i have database up and running on remote server.

//Bharat

March 21st, 2017 01:00

Hi Bharat,

Only application files restoration might not work. It all depends upon the kind of corruption the system went through.

Best practice would be to repair OME from programs and features control panel. It will give an option to keep working with existing database.

No Events found!