Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2016 04:00

DRM 2.2.1 - Couldn't find the firmware released as of Dec 2016

I am using DRM 2.2.1 latest version and trying to create a firmware bundle iso for the server R630. But i didn't see the latest firmware versions when i create a ISO bundle. For example, latest BIOS for R630 is 2.3.4. But the DRM repo is having the version 2.1.7. Same case for many firmware's. are the any known issue? When can we expect the latest firmware list to be updated in catalog file.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kannan

54 Posts

It may be because catalog is not updated.

Catalog is revised every two weeks.

If you want it on emergency you may download the said DUP file and do an import to the bundle.

Thanks

Shabu

16 Posts

Thanks you so much Sashi. I will check the latest catalog on Monday and update the status. 

Thanks,

Kannan

87 Posts

We follow a bi-weekly cadence of posting catalogs. Which means, the catalog is getting posted today, request you to please check by Monday for latest catalog update in Dell Repository Manager.

Thanks,

Sashi-Dell

16 Posts

Thanks Shabu for your quick reply.  I have tried that too. I have downloaded latest Linux DUP (.BIN) files from Dell support site and imported to the repository and created a ISO file. But the problem is, imported firmware files are not included in the ISO file. I am sure that i have selected the individual  files from the repository. 

Thanks,

Kannan

16 Posts

December 26th, 2016 01:00

Hi Sashi,

I have updated the DRM with latest catalog which was released on 23 Dec 2016. It seems the Dec 2016 catalog is having old BIOS version 2.2.5 for R630. Latest BIOS for 630 is 2.3.4 posted on 6 Dec 2016 and available at http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsd1/product-support/product/poweredge-r630/drivers.

Can you please let me know , when can we expect the latest firmware files which are released in Dec 2016 in DRM catalog?

Also I have downloaded the individual Linux DUP files (.bin) from Dell support site and tried to import them into the bundles. DRM complains that those are not a DUP files and not getting added into the bundle.

I am trying to create a firmware iso bundle for R630 server with the latest FW release (Dec 2016) .

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kannan

16 Posts

December 27th, 2016 02:00

Thank you so much for your response Sashi. Please update me once the catalog file updated with Dec 2016 firmware list. Awaiting for your response.

Thanks,

Kannan

87 Posts

December 27th, 2016 02:00

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We are working towards this incident on priority and will get back at the earliest.

While importing .bin files in to DRM, please make sure you also have .sign files in place, else DRM will reject import.

Thanks,

Sashi

16 Posts

December 27th, 2016 04:00

Yes. I always add both the files .bin and .sign. Please refer the attachment.

87 Posts

December 27th, 2016 22:00

Hi,

Keep both .bin and .sign files in same folder. But while importing in DRM, only import the .bin file, do not import the .sign file along with .bin. DRM will take care of the .sign file if present in the same folder where .bin is present.

Please try that and let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Sashi-Dell

16 Posts

December 28th, 2016 02:00

No luck. Same result. PFA screenshot.

16 Posts

December 28th, 2016 03:00

Not sure what's wrong in my setup. Please send the screenshot. If possible, please share the workflow what you have followed.

Thanks again !

Thanks,

Kannan

87 Posts

Hi,

This is how I did:

1) Created an Empty Repository, you can use any existing repository.

2) Navigated to Components Tab, and then selected Import option.

3) Had the BIOS component along with .sign file in the same folder.

4) Just selected the BIOS component in the Import Window and used the default option i.e. Add to repository only, and then selected OK. The component got added to the Repository. Later you can assign it to the required bundle also.

The component is sizing about 64 MB, please check if it is properly downloaded. If you are still not able to import it, you may need to send the log files through proper Dell Tech support channel for further analysis.

Thanks,

Sashi - Dell

87 Posts

Hi,

I tried the same here, and was able to import successfully. Screenshot below:

Thanks,

Sashi

16 Posts

December 28th, 2016 05:00

Thanks Sashi for all your help. Please share your DRM screenshot. Also let me know, when can we expect the update online catalog with Dec 2016 firmware versions. 

Thanks,

Kannan

16 Posts

December 28th, 2016 08:00

Finally, It worked. I have installed DRM on a different machine and imported the Linux DUP's successfully. Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Update me once the online catalog is updated with Dec 2016 firmware versions.

Thanks,

Kannan

No Events found!