Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2015 09:00

Failed downloading plug-in file once again

I am trying to export to SUU directory and getting the plug-in failed to download error.  Any suggestions.

24 Posts

April 28th, 2016 15:00

I'm seeing the same errors as well.  I downloaded DRM 2.1 a few weeks ago, didn't do anything with it, and finally got around to tinkering with it today.  Updated to DRM 2.2.0.614, since it was set to automatically check for updates.

I've created a couple of Repositories (one containing all the devices reporting to my OME instance, and a manually created repository using ftp.dell.com as it's source.

When attempting to create SUU ISO, it appears that I don't have plugins for 32-bit or 64-bit SUU generation installed.  After submitting the job and letting it run, it fails after a minute or so, indicating:

Job Status: Failed

Job Result: Failed downloading plug-in file:

This server is behind a proxy server requiring user authentication, but since I'm able to browse the Online Catalog (as well as initiate a check and download of the latest version of DRM), I'm thinking that's not the issue?

Any ideas?

24 Posts

April 29th, 2016 08:00

This server is behind a proxy server requiring user authentication, but since I'm able to browse the Online Catalog (as well as initiate a check and download of the latest version of DRM), I'm thinking that's not the issue?

Well, after performing a "netsh trace" from the server while one of these jobs was running and analyzing the trace results, it turns out the plugin download attempt was failing when attempting to authenticate to my proxy server.  I'm attempting to download the respective plugins manually, now that I have the package names it's trying to retrieve from ftp.dell.com.

I haven't seen a place in the DRM GUI to input a username and password for proxy authentication - is there a config file I can modify, or perhaps in a future release of DRM can we see the addition of these fields in the GUI?

24 Posts

May 3rd, 2016 07:00

An update on this - I was able to manually download and apply the plugins for SUU generation.  But, when attempting to create the SUU ISOs, the jobs are still failing - error logs indicate:

The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Attempting to specify proxy credentials within Windows Credential Manager (Control Panel --> User Accounts --> Manage Your Credentials) seemed to have no effect.

Has anyone else run into this?

24 Posts

June 8th, 2016 16:00

Bump

...is anyone at Dell even watching these forums???

87 Posts

June 9th, 2016 01:00

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Can you please go to Application->Settings->Network Settings. In that there is a section call Proxy Server . In that section, click the check box which will override your current Internet Explorer settings and you can enter your Proxy Address and Port.

Thanks

Sashi-Dell

54 Posts

June 9th, 2016 02:00

Apologies for a delayed response.

Unfortunately DRM doesn't have the option to provide credentials for proxy settings.

Does your proxy authentication is different from your windows authentication?

if it is same as your windows authentication. You can set proxy in IE and remove settings from DRM. That will work after you authenticate it once from IE.

Otherwise you may have to try a work around like cntlm and bypass your corporate proxy.

24 Posts

June 9th, 2016 07:00

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, in this case, the proxy authentication credentials do differ from the provided Windows credentials.

I was hoping to avoid the hassle of getting a proxy bypass exception entered for this particular server, but it's looks like I have some paper work to fill out... :(

Are there plans to add a proxy authentication feature in a future release of DRM?

No Events found!