Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2013 16:00

0f00:065d error code

0F00:065D ERROR CODE.

Been thru 4 NEW drives since Dec 12, 2013. My original started having problems and ultimately failed the Smart Short sell test. My first two new hard drives were Seagate. The first reinstall consisted of reinstalling windows from disk, loading Dell Drivers, checking for Dell driver updates, loading my anti-virus and of course hours and hours of windows updates. Within a few days the problems started. Did a Smart Short self-test and established that my NEW drive didn't pass. I returned it to Best Buy for another drive (seagate). After reinstalling windows and all the other associated needs, I had problems/errors. I used my wife's computer to establish thru the "community" that I should have upgraded to a Western Digital Hard Drive. OK. Got a WD, reinstalled Windows, put in my DELL drivers/utillites disk, installed my drivers and opened F12 diagnostics from disk. Scrolled down to "Hard Drive" diagnostics test which includes the Short Self test but also a "FIVE HOUR" COMpLETE diagnostic test!!! Guess what? It passed!  COOL!! Now it's time to spend the hours for "Windows updates", Adobe flash, PDF, etc. OOOPs! Problems again! Click on anything and it locks up! F-12 would not pass "Smart Short Test"!!!! I'm now on my FOURTH NEW hard drive (western digital), with the same problems!!!! Obviously, it's not the HARD DRIVE as so many have stated. I would appreciate if any real techs out there may have a solution. I will gladly name my first born (well, maybe my 4th or 5th) after you.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 5th, 2013 19:00

SMART disk self test fail error code 0F00:065D

The Drive is dead.

0F00:065D Msg: device failed: The self-test failed the read portion of this test. 

S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system for computer 
hard disk drives to detect and report on various indicators of reliability, in the hope of anticipating failures.

When a failure is anticipated by S.M.A.R.T., the user should replace the drive to avoid unexpected outage
and data loss.

7 Posts

February 6th, 2013 16:00

LOL! READ the problem.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 6th, 2013 16:00

I'm now on my FOURTH NEW hard drive (western digital), with the same problems!!!! Obviously, it's not the HARD DRIVE as so many have stated. I would appreciate if any real techs out there may have a solution. I will gladly name my first born (well, maybe my 4th or 5th) after you.

I've seen these symptoms with failing power supplies. 

May we ask what model of Dell is in question?

1 Message

March 4th, 2013 16:00

OK here we go I'm computer geek jusy some one who uses them and not that well anyway I picked up a FBI virus or what ever it was and it locked me out of my computer the only way I could get in was to reload the operating system but every time that I went to restart my computer it would tell me that the boot device was inaccesable so i took it to a place and had it fix I thought untill I just for shits and giggles reloaded my windows 7 and the nightmare started all over again. now all i can find on the net is my hard drive is bad but i have just seen how many articles on people replacing hard after hard drive and not having any luck something has had to happen to the boot drive or DOS or something like that that virus rewrote something or their is some other thing going on so please if you realy know what your talking about e-mail me thank you

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 5th, 2013 06:00

SMART disk self test fail error code 0F00:065D

This is physical damage. It CANNOT BE FIXED by software.

SMART ERRORS come from the hard drive and are NOT related to any OS version.

S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology)

is a monitoring system for computer hard disk drives to detect and report on

various indicators of reliability, in the hope of anticipating failures.

IGNORE SMART WARNINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DRIVE IS DYING SOON TO BE DEAD.

No Events found!